• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Yeah, I will be there...noon sounds great. Generous of you to let me borrow your 391, thank you :thumbsup: What kind of shells would you prefer I buy to put though it?

The shells don't matter much. I would suggest 1 ounce #7 1/2. If not, 1 ounce #8. That gun eats everything.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Shouldn't be. However, some places get weird when they see the Md drivers license. Call and ask.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    So, who's going to Pintail on the 30th? Does noon sound OK, weather permitting?

Jaredm1.... I have a 391 you can use if you don't care to rent one. Mine is a pound heavier than a stock gun and the only other difference is that it has a Briley closer.

Do you like the Briley closer? How hard is it to install?
    Thanks

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Do you like the Briley closer? How hard is it to install?
    Thanks

I have one of these as well on mine. I think it's FAR superior to the little button that comes on the gun - especially with gloves on. I don't know about all the Beretta semi-autos but the Teknys comes with an extension for the closer which, in my opinion, is totally unworthy of the gun. It's made of plastic and simply covers the existing button closer. Mine slipped down a couple of times. It had to go. The Briley is a permanent installation. Very slick.

Mechanical things ain't my bag, to be honest, but I watched a friend of mine install it and it didn't look that difficult. Took him about 10 minutes.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Is this "closer" the bolt catch/release, and is the Briley just a bigger or extended lever?

That's it. It's bigger and uses leverage, so it's much easier to close the gun. There are some other companies making this part too, some of which look to be a little slicker than a Briley.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Sorry to resurrect this thread. Do any of you shoot the Beretta A400? Is everyone still recommending the AL391 because it's proven and A400 is too new to tell?

Thanks,
    Jim

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Sorry to resurrect this thread. Do any of you shoot the Beretta A400? Is everyone still recommending the AL391 because it's proven and A400 is too new to tell?

Thanks,
    Jim

I don't know enough about the A400 to comment. Most everyone shooting an auto shoots a 391 (in Sporting Clays).

Feel free to join us at Pintail on the 30th.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Miller's in New Castle... better prices and no tax.

I recently bought my first DEDICATED sporting gun, the A400 (At Millers).

A little cheaper than the Tenky, from what I have read, essentially the same action, very similar gun.

I believe with the Tenky you can swap the rib, and the wood is a little nicer (mine has "enhanced" European walnut). I think they touch up the grain a bit to make it look like a better hunk of wood.

Anyway, I literally couldn't be happier. I went in the store with $3K in my pocket looking at 425's and a used GTI. I had my mind set on a Browning O/U after shooting one last spring at a charity event.

Not that I would never consider owning one, but with 600 rounds through this Beretta, I've not had a single SECOND of buyers remorse.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Looks a little something like this:

4223.jpg

4221.jpg

4222.jpg

Yes, the POD is gimmicky and not necessary. I guess if you aren't interested in knowing the shots counts and such the K/O is probably a better feature for most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom