• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly

They will finally be bringing the ACE to the U.S. I have been waiting for this rifle for years to finally get here.

The 7.62x39 pistol version with a sidefolding Sig Brace will be here in February and the full rifle version in March. I will definitely be picking up both of these as well as the 5.56 N model (which uses AR mags) and the 308 version if they ever bring those in. It will be my new go to rifle/system. :D

Also this should be Maryland legal. It is a Galil ACE, not the AR or ARM. Also it uses no parts of the AK being proprietary. The only issue will be if you want the side folding stock or flash hider.

Also the full-auto versions have been adopted by Colombia, Chile, Israel, Haiti, Mexico, Peru*, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, South Sudan, Vietnam*, and the Ukraine*

* denotes will/are building them locally under license

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you guys are expecting the old-style stock to make a reappearance, you're going to be disappointed... the AR-style collapsing stock is standard for the ACE rifles. The Galil line has been heading in that direction ever since the Galil Ultra mods were introduced.

As for the other models, I'm thinking it'll be ACE 5X series (7.62x51) next, and then the ACE N 2X series (5.56x45) after that. I find it super unlikely that they would try to sell the 5.56x45 Galil mag variant alongside the 5.56x45 AR mag variant, but I've been surprised before. IMHO, the 7.62x51 gun would be a big seller - not a lot of new MSRs in that space lately, and the original 7.62x51 Galil always had a bit of a cult following. Keep in mind, though, that the 7.62x51 series has a barrel length of 16" - 20", so very unlikely we'd see a pistol offering.

Man, things are looking up... I wonder if they'll take another stab at the Uzi Pros.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Any idea on estimated pricing?
    When I guesstimated $1350-$1400 street, MAC thought that I was in the ballpark.

Don't expect them to be a thousand bucks, anyways. The high end Arsenal rifles sell for $1200-$1300, and IMHO, the Galil ACE is a much better gun.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    When I guesstimated $1350-$1400 street, MAC thought that I was in the ballpark.

Don't expect them to be a thousand bucks, anyways. The high end Arsenal rifles sell for $1200-$1300, and IMHO, the Galil ACE is a much better gun.

I agree with you. This is the AK perfected

1. Left side CH, no more reach over and turn the gun (or the awkward under ) with your left hand
    2. IWI
    3. No canted sights (I've had plenty of 'high end' AKs with them, lets not pretend)
    4. easier to mount optic
    5. folding/collapsable stock combo

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I agree with you. This is the AK perfected

1. Left side CH, no more reach over and turn the gun (or the awkward under ) with your left hand
    2. IWI
    3. No canted sights (I've had plenty of 'high end' AKs with them, lets not pretend)
    4. easier to mount optic
    5. folding/collapsable stock combo
    6. Superior factory handguard
    7. Better rear sight
    8. Factory combat night sights
    9. Better selector (albeit still not as good as the Tavor or AR-15)
    10. Lighter than an AK-103

so the mags are the only AK interchangible parts? any reason this would not be MD legal?
    Your LGS would need to pull off the flash hider on the rifle. Otherwise, no problem. This is not a copy of the Galil AR or ARM, and there's no way they're 100% parts compatible with the ACE.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    In for sbr model since we can't buy aks

This is not an AK in the genuine sense of the word.

It may have an AK-like operation system but under Maryland law it has to use actual AK parts. This rifle has none of them. Nothing on the ACE interchanges with an AK except magazines and ammo which are not features to count it as a "copy" especially since many MD legal rifles use 5.56 ammo and AR mags but are also not banned.

Feb 28, 2013
    If you guys are expecting the old-style stock to make a reappearance, you're going to be disappointed... the AR-style collapsing stock is standard for the ACE rifles. The Galil line has been heading in that direction ever since the Galil Ultra mods were introduced.

Well, here's to hoping you're wrong anyhow.

AR stocks belong on AR's, certainly not on Galils. Just the purist in me talkin'. :)

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    This is not an AK in the genuine sense of the word.

It may have an AK-like operation system but under Maryland law it has to use actual AK parts. This rifle has none of them. Nothing on the ACE interchanges with an AK except magazines and ammo which are not features to count it as a "copy" especially since many MD legal rifles use 5.56 ammo and AR mags but are also not banned.

I never said it was the same...:innocent0

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Sig 556xi, PTR-32 GenII, Galil ACE 3X, LAR-47... the 7.62x39/AK mag platform will probably never see a better year than 2015. :D

Also, I read that the pistol version of the Galil is supposedly coming out in February... start saving those shekels! MICRO GALIL SBR, HERE I COME!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Update: IWI said on their Facebook page that the ACE 5X line (7.62x51) is supposed to be imported late next year, and will use SR25 mags. I know I'd be in for one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom