• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guitarjcr

Oct 14, 2014
    FFL says I need a "MD approved" gun lock for my .357 revolver before he can hand it over. I'm just wondering if anyone in the area has one I can borrow for an evening? Thanks everyone!

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I have a 9mm chamber lock...I'll loan it to you but don't know if it will fit a 357 chamber. But if it's a revolver, can't a cable lock work?

guitarjcr

Oct 14, 2014
    Thanks guys

Not sure if the 9mm would work. Cable locks are the types that come with the guns - MD decided they're not good enough, apparently?

Not trigger locks either.

I guess it's some fancy lock that is "internal" and runs through the length of the barrel? Supposed to be uber child-proof, I guess. I didn't realize Montgomery County had such a problem with kids removing other types of locks! O_o

Thanks guys, but I think neither cable locks nor trigger locks will suffice. Crazy, but true. Appreciate the offers though!

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I believe I have one for a .357 revolver. I'll have to check when I get home. How far are you willing to travel to pick up? South Baltimore?

guitarjcr

Oct 14, 2014
    Cable locks

Thanks guys. I'll check on the cable lock question right now!

South Balt is a bit too far. I was hoping to find someone in the Gaithersburg/Germantown area if possible. Thanks for the offer! Sure do appreciate that we have this community.

johnhmpg

Mar 14, 2011

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Did you ask your FFL if he would loan you a trigger lock? My FFL did when I ordered a H&K VP9 that did not come with a MD compliant trigger lock. I mailed it back to him the next day. This type of service is one reason I keep going back to Brian Walker at South Carroll Sporting Goods in Woodbine, MD. He is one of the Industry Partners on MDS and I highly recommend him if you start looking for a new FFL.

Cal68

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    As I recall the law states the handgun must leave the store with an approved lock. There is no requirement that the lock be on the firearm.
    As a funny story when I was at a dealer one time i overheard the salesman telling the customer how to use the Omega lock be inserting it down the barrel. He went on to say he would personally never put one down the barrel of his own guns.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Here is what the 77R Part 2 states:

sq1nbs.png

If you still need one, I'm pretty sure we have a bunch at the shop. Shoot me a PM or give us a call tomorrow and I can check if you're desperate.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have a 38/357 revolver bore lock. Meaning a longer cylinder that gets locked in the revolver. In the Olney area if you haven't found one to borrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom