• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I found this a good read. I'm not affiliated in any way the author of the article or the training class and instructor/company it speaks to, but I'm now considering attending this class.

Today, I’m going to tell you about a live training concealed carry course that I recently attended with my wife and father …

What makes this a good live training course to talk about is it fits the criteria that I laid out in my other article about training courses for the armed civilian.

1. It’s taught by someone who is more than qualified but also

2. The entire course is taught with the context in mind being that of a plain clothes civilian who is concealed carrying in their every day life.

That’s it.

There was no attempt to turn the class attendees into “Sheep dogs” or “Spec Ops Snake Eating Door Kickers” and there were no back flips out of flaming helicopters.

Just good info, good range work and practical exercises designed to help good people 1.) hopefully avoid bad people and if that doesn’t work then 2.) win fights against bad people if needed.

http://preparedgunowners.com/2015/0...led-carry-course-looks-like-fpf-training-aar/

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    But I like doing back flips out of flaming helicopters . . .

Besides that, there is useful training and there is "fun" adventure training. Both can be good, but know what you are getting into.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Looks decent. Affiliations with Tom Givens is a good thing. Author fails to mention the cost of the course, which is an oversight. I also can't believe that he had 157 hours of training but couldn't remember the last time an instructor of his used a shot timer. I'm now over 200 hours and I can tell you every class the instructor used a shot timer in, the last of which was the Trident Concepts Combative Pistol 2 class with Jeff Gonzales one month ago (just realized I've not yet posted the AAR here!).

For a concealed carry class, I would always first recommend Covert Carry with Mike Pannone.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I strongly feel the teacher/instructor needs to teach what the student needs to be successful. Not what they think the student needs. I appreciate more advanced techniques and concepts, but sometimes don't think they have a place in some classes. I know some really great instructors with very advanced skills who can limit what they teach to the students needs, unfortunately I know others with the same impressive skills who try to make everyone a swat member.

Another reason I wish the training we are required to do and teach in md was more uniform like other states or curriculum in education. They should use classes like in this article as a model.

TD

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    Looks decent. Affiliations with Tom Givens is a good thing. Author fails to mention the cost of the course, which is an oversight.

From FPF's Web site, the cost is $175 for each course, $350 for both courses (2 days and 20 hours total). Plus, this a local course for many of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom