• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Just want to get the word out that there will be random closures of the ranges at the AGC for Lead Reclamations.

Only one range at a time will be closed. Arrangements will be made to accommodate the shooters on other ranges.

This will begin around June 22, 2015.

The closures will be on weekdays only and the ranges will be fully operational during the weekends.

Any questions feel free to contact the AGC Office @ 410-461-8532 or by email.

AGC CRSO Alex W
    Safety Through Education.

From the AGC web site

Attachments

• agc closures.jpg
      agc closures.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 1,010
    Last edited:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Just want to get the word out that there will be random closures of the ranges at the AGC for Lead Reclamations.

Only one range at a time will be closed. Arrangements will be made to accommodate the shooters on other ranges.

This will begin around June 22, 2015.

The closures will be on weekdays only and the ranges will be fully operational during the weekends.

Any questions feel free to contact the AGC Office @ 410-461-8532 or by email.

AGC CRSO Alex W
    Safety Through Education.

From the AGC web site

I want my lead back! I know where it is since I'm the one who left it there. Let me know when the reclamation starts so I can help you to identify which lead is mine. I will bring my dump truck to assist.:innocent0

Thanks for the update!:thumbsup:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I want my lead back! I know where it is since I'm the one who left it there. Let me know when the reclamation starts so I can help you to identify which lead is mine. I will bring my dump truck to assist.:innocent0

Thanks for the update!:thumbsup:

I'll meet you on the trap field with a bucket and a pair of tweezers!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Will they be able to post on the website what range is closed on the day it is closed so we can check before making the drive?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    It is my understanding they will do one range at a time. I would call the AGC Office for the most up to date information.

The Office / RSO number is on the back of your range badge. Feel free to call will any concerns.

Prior to posting this message I spoke to the AGC XO about posting this message on MDShooters. I am using the alert that was posted on the AGC web site.

No matter the start date, just be aware that this will be happening soon during the week days.

DF

Last edited:

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    This is the e-mail I received from the AGC.

-------- Original message --------
    Date:06/18/2015 8:51 AM (GMT-05:00)
    Subject: RANGE CLOSINGS DUE TO LEAD RECLAMATION OPERATIONS

ASSOCIATED GUN CLUBS OF BALTIMORE, INC.

RANGE CLOSINGS
    DUE TO LEAD
    RECLAMATION OPERATIONS BEGINNING
    MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2015

P.O. BOX 20102 - TOWSON, MD 21284-0102
    410-296-3947 Email: LVP@ASSOCIATEDGUNCLUBS.ORG

Dear Michael,

DUE TO OUR LEAD RECLAMATION PROJECT, THERE WILL BE INTERMITTENT RANGE CLOSURES ON WEEK DAYS ONLY

STARTING MONDAY, JUNE 29th
    LASTING APPROXIMATELY 5 WEEKS

WEEKEND SHOOTING WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED

Specific details will be posted on our website: www.associatedgunclubs.org

Or

Call the Range Office: 410-461-8532

Thank you for your understanding.

Authority:

Paul Shinol
    Executive Vice President

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    :lol2::lol2:

Nah, wouldn't be right. That's somebody else's lead. The trap range is the only place up there where my lead ISN'T.

Kidding aside, I wonder how much lead they'll recover. Betting that the amount has to be mind boggling. :shocked:

I was wondering that myself.
    If you figure 1 1/8 ounce of lead per shot, on the trap field, 5 shooters will put about 8 3/4 pounds of lead in the air per round. Multiply that by how ever rounds of public trap on Sat and Sun plus the wobble trap plus club shoots for 50 years and you come up with a whole lot of lead! :D

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I was wondering that myself.
    If you figure 1 1/8 ounce of lead per shot, on the trap field, 5 shooters will put about 8 3/4 pounds of lead in the air per round. Multiply that by how ever rounds of public trap on Sat and Sun plus the wobble trap plus club shoots for 50 years and you come up with a whole lot of lead! :D

Yep! Figure 30 to 60 rounds on the pistol range with what's most commonly shot there would amount to a pound of lead also.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    :lol2::lol2:

Nah, wouldn't be right. That's somebody else's lead. The trap range is the only place up there where my lead ISN'T.

Kidding aside, I wonder how much lead they'll recover. Betting that the amount has to be mind boggling. :shocked:

I think you'd choke, if you heard some of the #$$#s being tossed about. AGC will benefit handsomely from this cleanup, and it's due.

Lew--Ranger63

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    One of the SRSO's told me today, that their bringing in the lead reclaimation equipment to the shotgun range, tomorrow on Monday; but he has no idea when their going to start on the rest of the ranges. AGC members are said to be welcome for observation only.

Google: lead reclamation from shooting range

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Are they using a professional outfit or do they need membership help?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    No volunteer help is needed with this project.

I am sure they must follow government regs and have invested a great deal of time training their employees

You will still be able to shoot when they are here. Worst case is you my have to shoot at closer distances then you want to.

This will not effect weekend activities

DF

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom