• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Out in the open with tongue hanging out , and big sign attached that says Rodolph the red nose rain deer was bad !
    Don't forgot to wear your Santa outfit. Then drive through a few elementary schools during recess a beep the truck horn !:lol2:

Is it bad that I've thought of doing exactly that? :lol2::lol2::lol2::innocent0

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Seriously are people really concerned about having other people see their kill. Not much a hunter myself, but damn just thorough it in the back of your truck bed and be done with it. Other than being legal and tagged of course and maybe a courtesy to children not that big a deal to me. Besides, I see way more "slaughtered" animals along the road side, then I ever will see from a hunter.
    :thumbsup:
    The USA would be a better place if everyone thought like this....but you know the anti's and tree huggers would piss and moan about the innocent deer's life you took...yet are pro-abortion:sad20::sad20:

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I put my deer in the back of my pickup; normally prop the rear legs open so the interior cavity is exposed; so it can cool off quicker.

I'll also leave the tailgate down so good airflow washes the deer as well; until I either get it home of get it to the processor (depending on outside temperature; I do them myself if it's cold enough to hang them.

I really don't give a flip about yuppies grossing out at the sight of a dead animal. In some small way; maybe it'll remind them that meat does not magically appear in a supermarket; wrapped nice and aesthetically pleasing to the eye on a styrofoam plate.

I've been given both "thumbs up" and dirty looks. You can't please everyone and I'm not going to try with my kills.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I put my deer in the back of my pickup; normally prop the rear legs open so the interior cavity is exposed; so it can cool off quicker.

I'll also leave the tailgate down so good airflow washes the deer as well; until I either get it home of get it to the processor (depending on outside temperature; I do them myself if it's cold enough to hang them.

I really don't give a flip about yuppies grossing out at the sight of a dead animal. In some small way; maybe it'll remind them that meat does not magically appear in a supermarket; wrapped nice and aesthetically pleasing to the eye on a styrofoam plate.

I've been given both "thumbs up" and dirty looks. You can't please everyone and I'm not going to try with my kills.

:thumbsup: around these parts you better not take your eyes off it...someone prob would come up and steal it:sad20:

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Seriously are people really concerned about having other people see their kill. Not much a hunter myself, but damn just thorough it in the back of your truck bed and be done with it. Other than being legal and tagged of course and maybe a courtesy to children not that big a deal to me. Besides, I see way more "slaughtered" animals along the road side, then I ever will see from a hunter.

I do not care about other people seeing it cause to me anything I kill will be a "trophy." I was however concerned that as I leave my hunting spot with the deer completely concealed in the trunk of my car (cause I don't have a truck) that NRP would pull me over and pop me for it not being visible. It seems to me now that as long as it's properly tagged I wont have an issue.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    In MD They teach in hunter safety to cover the kill so as not to offend those who think Bambi shouldn't be killed. This is being a good steward according to the DNR. I don't know if it's law but is taught in hunter safety. I personally think it's dumb but whatever.

This.

Not the law, but covering your kill is about being a good steward for hunting. It's the same as asking people not to open carry if we get a court ruling in our favor. Try not to draw attention where it's not necessary. Maryland enjoys some of the more lax hunting laws and generous bag limits. No reason to bring unwanted attention to ourselves and have to fight more battles. Of course some people just can't help themselves and try to make a statement and then we all get to pay the price.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

This FEMALE yuppie retard a few years ago told me that hunting is bad. I looked at her and asked her how the steaks, sausage, burgers, and other meats were created. Her answer was and I kid you not, "They grow on plants at a farm, not from killing innocent animals.". My jaw hit the ground at that one, I mean seriously, I thought I had heard every single stupid thing the anti-hunters had ever said... :sad20:

In hind sight, I'm glad I ditched her. Crazy PETA wannabes just piss me off. :lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    This FEMALE yuppie retard a few years ago told me that hunting is bad. I looked at her and asked her how the steaks, sausage, burgers, and other meats were created. Her answer was and I kid you not, "They grow on plants at a farm, not from killing innocent animals.". My jaw hit the ground at that one, I mean seriously, I thought I had heard every single stupid thing the anti-hunters had ever said... :sad20:

In hind sight, I'm glad I ditched her. Crazy PETA wannabes just piss me off. :lol2:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol: I would have laughed in her face...and said show me what a meat plant looks like:lol2:

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    This.

Not the law, but covering your kill is about being a good steward for hunting. It's the same as asking people not to open carry if we get a court ruling in our favor. Try not to draw attention where it's not necessary. Maryland enjoys some of the more lax hunting laws and generous bag limits. No reason to bring unwanted attention to ourselves and have to fight more battles. Of course some people just can't help themselves and try to make a statement and then we all get to pay the price.

What about the open carry of dead foxes? Probably could open carry a dead otter around Raymond Woollard's property, he looks to have a mighty nice creek running through it, goes into Prettyboy.

BTW I open carry fur hats in winter. Used to wear them in Baltimore, Frosh's district, DC, NoVA, very few antis making stupid comments or gestures. Now only north Balto co, and southern York county PA get to see my fur hat OC. The one that gets people's attention everytime is the red fox with ear flaps.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    What about the open carry of dead foxes? Probably could open carry a dead otter around Raymond Woollard's property, he looks to have a mighty nice creek running through it, goes into Prettyboy.

BTW I open carry fur hats in winter. Used to wear them in Baltimore, Frosh's district, DC, NoVA, very few antis making stupid comments or gestures. Now only north Balto co, and southern York county PA get to see my fur hat OC. The one that gets people's attention everytime is the red fox with ear flaps.

I think it's more an issue of not showing the public a bloody carcass than a finished product like a fur hat. My own mother gets disgusted by the sight of a skinned deer carcass hanging up and she's pro hunting and pro gun (father and I are big hunters). So I would think that its just something to consider.

Not everyone has the same likes and dislikes as us and there's no sense poking a sleeping bear.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown

On another note, the other day while I was out for a run I saw a guy with a PETA shirt on except the words were People Eating Tasty Animals

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol: I would have laughed in her face...and said show me what a meat plant looks like:lol2:

Believe it or not, after I recovered from the outpouring of stupidity from her statement, I took her to a farm and asked her to find one of these "plants". She said it wasn't the right kind of farm and asked to speak to the farmer, so she could find the right farm... :shocking::wtf:

Damn PETA wannabe actually asked the farmer, and the farmer laughed so hard I thought he was gonna die.

On another note, the other day while I was out for a run I saw a guy with a PETA shirt on except the words were People Eating Tasty Animals

That is the only PETA that should be allowed to exist. Depending on where you were when you saw the guy, I might know him.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Believe it or not, after I recovered from the outpouring of stupidity from her statement, I took her to a farm and asked her to find one of these "plants". She said it wasn't the right kind of farm and asked to speak to the farmer, so she could find the right farm... :shocking::wtf:

Damn PETA wannabe actually asked the farmer, and the farmer laughed so hard I thought he was gonna die.

That is the only PETA that should be allowed to exist. Depending on where you were when you saw the guy, I might know him.

So after the farmer picked himself up off the ground was there any education given? (not that she would have listened anyway)

and i saw the shirt on Mateny Rd in Germantown

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

:lol::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: thats great! bet the PETA wanna be was confused as to why the farmer was laughing!:lol2:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So after the farmer picked himself up off the ground was there any education given? (not that she would have listened anyway)

and i saw the shirt on Mateny Rd in Germantown

No there wasn't any education given to the chick, but he did ask me if I was as crazy as she was. Told him no and that I hunt, and that she must be a card carrying member of PETA. He rolled his eyes and sighed while saying "That explains a lot.". Then he busted out laughing again.

:lol::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: thats great! bet the PETA wanna be was confused as to why the farmer was laughing!:lol2:

The PETA wannabe was confused, upset, and very hurt that this farmer was laughing at her instead of helping her find the right farm whee she could find the meat plant. :lol2::lol2:

FWIW I was laughing hysterically the whole time.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    A deer should be wrapped in at least two layers of plastic, heavy duty yard bags and mattress wraps work great, and loaded into the trunk of a fine German automobile. I learned this from too many mobster movies.

Where can you get the mattress wraps at?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I strap the Deer to the tailgate of my old Dodge "Huntin' Truck" and roll on down the highway to the walkin cooler. Who sees what I got between point A and point B will either been jealous or offended. Either way it's my person right to hunt and there's no law against me strapping it to any part of my vehicle.

This is how I roll... and that's a damn fine looking '86 Dodge too...:D

Why you uncouth savage! It's jerks like you who give the rest of us Bambi manglers a bad name. :sarcasm: Nice truck!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I have a rack that fits in the hitch on my blazer and I just throw them on there and strap it down.
    It's tougher with a motorcycle
    1005682_10200686932443362_394353229_n_zps2df56980.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom