Opinions on JC Higgins Model 66/High Standard C-100?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    We have one at work. I believe I can get it at a decent price. It is a 1960 model, with an adjustable choke and a compensated barrel.

Anyone have any experience with these? I have always wanted a High Standard , but I don't want to get into something that is gonna be more of a project than a shootable shotgun.

Are these things reliable, durable, etc.....if something goes wrong, can I find parts?

I set the bar high with getting a Light Twelve, but I wouldn't mind a second semi auto.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I picked up a High Standard pump a while back. There is a website run by a fellow who knows a lot about them and even has the factory records if you give him a serial number.

http://www.histandard.info

You may want to start there.

My sense from doing some web research is that the pump guns are generally pretty good, and SOME of the autos were sketchy, but I don't know much more than that, so I can't help you on whether the one you want is any good. In general, it sounded like older is better, so you may be ok.

There are some places that sell parts. They made a lot of these guns, so they aren't so rare that parts are impossible. So it isn't hopeless if something breaks. But the company has been out of business for a while and so whether you can find the specific part you need at a reasonable price is going to be a crapshoot.

I would not put down big $$$ on one, but if you can get a deal I'd probably go for it.
    You can always just sell it if you decide it isn't up to snuff.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I'm bringing this back up, I also have the opportunity to pick up the same model shotgun the OP was looking at picking up.
    Has anyone had any experience with them, and what is a good asking price? The one I'm looking at is in good shape, with a factory installed poly-choke on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom