• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've decided to go all out for USPSA, so I'm looking for a Major 40 S&W load for my Para Limited gun. Someone mentioned loading long for my particular pistol, just wanted a specific load and COAL for 200gr lead. Does anyone have one I can use to start? Bullet must reach 825 fps to make Major. Thanks.

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    What I have seen for 2011-style pistols is an OAL of 1.180.

I did have one from a friend but it's for a Stock Glock 22 (4.48" bbl)

200g Blue Bullet
    .40 S&W mixed cases
    CCI primer
    3.8 gr of Red dot powder
    Average 858fps
    171pf

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Major .40 is pretty easy. Not at home, so cannot check my load data, but IIRC it was using 180 grain lead over HS-6.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I've decided to go all out for USPSA, so I'm looking for a Major 40 S&W load for my Para Limited gun. Someone mentioned loading long for my particular pistol, just wanted a specific load and COAL for 200gr lead. Does anyone have one I can use to start? Bullet must reach 825 fps to make Major. Thanks.

What is the Barrel length of your Para Ordinance and do you have a tungsten guide rod?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    What I have seen for 2011-style pistols is an OAL of 1.180.

I did have one from a friend but it's for a Stock Glock 22 (4.48" bbl)

200g Blue Bullet
    .40 S&W mixed cases
    CCI primer
    3.8 gr of Red dot powder
    Average 858fps
    171pf

Thanks! What was the overall length?

Major .40 is pretty easy. Not at home, so cannot check my load data, but IIRC it was using 180 grain lead over HS-6.

I have a 180gr load, was looking for a 200 since the mags I have are thick enough for a 10mm so I can load rounds out longer.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011

If you have a Para P16 Limited with a 5" barrel here is a good load

200g Hornady XTP
    Hodgdon CFE pistol 4.6g
    865 FPS
    C.O.A.L 1.125
    Winchester SP primer
    Case: Various

May 13, 2005
    I had an awesome light (but Major) load using 200g 40SW built like: Titegroup powder (will have to look up exact drop don't want to misquote, don't have my load books with me) but it was light and got a bunch per lb, Rainier TMJ and HP 200g projectiles and WSP. It was the shizzle of loads and recoiled like a baby. Shot it thru Glock 22/35 and Beretta 96 for IDPA for years with smooth functions 100% and accurate as hell. I probably loaded and shot close to 40K of this combo and it served me very, very well and was dirt cheap to load compared to other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom