• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Maybe putting it on a riser with a quick release such as this guy ...

UTG LE Rated Double Rail/3 Slot Angle Mount with Integral QD Lever Lock System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RNC8RY/

... could help maintain the zero better if the Bushnell mount is not consistent and getting worn.

EDIT: whoops, saw you're using a riser. Perhaps the riser is the issue. The quick releases, such as in the above, seem more consistent in application of pressure when remounting.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I fired mine last weekend using the one that came with the riser.
    I'm not an accuracy buff so my report may not help anyone here as far as zero.
    I don't have mine co witnessed with the front sight. I was cracking multiple fast shots at a 4" diameter circle from about 50 yards. That's good enough for me.

I do have an issue though. I'm new to rail systems. When I take the sight off and put it back on I can't get it right every time. I crank it down, it's on there but is loose. Is this a spacing issue??

Is the riser loose on the rail, or the sight loose on the riser, or both?

Have you tried the sight on the rail without the riser and see if it is still loose?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Is the riser loose on the rail, or the sight loose on the riser, or both?

Have you tried the sight on the rail without the riser and see if it is still loose?

It's the riser that is loose. I haven't tried just the sight because it's moot since the fixed front sight post is in the way. I haven't tried it simply as a trouble shooting measure though, no.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    It's the riser that is loose. I haven't tried just the sight because it's moot since the fixed front sight post is in the way. I haven't tried it simply as a trouble shooting measure though, no.

Two times I had a similar issue. The first was trying to put a picatinny base on a weaver rail, and they are not completely interchangeable.

The second was me just not paying attention and making sure the bolt was completely centered in the spacing slot before tightening. The side clamps would still "appear" to hold, when it really wasn't completely secured.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Pretty sure the rail on this Colt A3 is a picatinny. My next step was get a different riser or a couple. They're inexpensive enough.
    I world like a quick release since it doesn't require screwing it on or off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom