• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrotherOfTheRepublic

Jun 27, 2014
    Baltimore County
    I got a friend who is going to be coming down to Maryland in about a month and we're going to go shooting at a range. He wants to bring his AK 47 and I know that it's a "regulated firearm". Are there any hoops he has to jump through or can he just bring it and shoot? He's not staying here, he's only visiting for about a week.

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I would say for him not to bring his AK just to play it safe. Not worth losing your rights cause of Marylands vague and idiotic laws.

Yup. Pistol is fine, but I'd leave the rifle home. Go shoot it at his home range.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

He can bring and use any firearm he wants if he is a resident of another state.

The laws in Maryland deal with transfer and sale, not possession or use.

Wrong.

MD law prohibits POSSESSION of a banned firearm. Any firearm on the list that was purchased on or after Oct 1, 2013 is BANNED.

A resident of another state who lawfully acquires such a weapon after October 1, 2013, and who then moves into the state with it, would commit an offense. (It would be a crime even to bring such a non-grandfathered rifle into the state for a shooting competition

From SB281 FAQ - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=114585

Actual wording from the LAW:

4–303. 19
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
    (1) transport an assault WEAPON into the State; or
    (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault WEAPON.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Please lock this. Actually..make it a sticky. It about sums up what one should do with any firearm legality issue.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It is quite frustrating though, it kinda makes me wanna :banghead:

Welcome to firearm ownership and MD. The best piece of advice I can give you is to contact an attorney or MSP. Do you really want to trust your future or the future of your buddy, to keyboard lawyer? The legal advice given on here is worth exactly what you paid for it, ZERO. Unless one of the attorneys chimes in to give you an answer.

BrotherOfTheRepublic

Jun 27, 2014
    Baltimore County
    Welcome to firearm ownership and MD. The best piece of advice I can give you is to contact an attorney or MSP. Do you really want to trust your future or the future of your buddy, to keyboard lawyer? The legal advice given on here is worth exactly what you paid for it, ZERO. Unless one of the attorneys chimes in to give you an answer.

You're right, I probably should ask more reputable people. Not worth having my friend's guns taken over bad info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom