• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks! That does help.

I think I'm going to have to take a trip down to Engage. I do have my HQL, so the pistol is an option. I'm just no so sure about the accuracy of a 7" barrel, but I could switch out for a slightly longer barrel if I wanted, correct?

Thanks, all!

Glad I could help.

You could also go to Havre de Grace and see the nice ladies at Bank Gun and Pawn. They have some Windham HBAR Ars in stock.

Or shooters discount (at the Howard Co show next weekend), Lou has Colt LE6721s in stock. LE trade ins for $780 or NIB for $995.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As you may have noted before, the downsides of going the pistol route are the numerous transport restrictions. Need to be going to or returning from a shooting event (e.g at a public/private range), a gunsmith, carry out of state, etc. With an HBAR, as long as you're not visiting public schools, you can leave it unloaded in your trunk or truck (MD law doesn't require a case, but it's a good idea esp if nondescript to minimize theft, etc).

DuckFarmer

Jan 28, 2014
    As you may have noted before, the downsides of going the pistol route are the numerous transport restrictions. Need to be going to or returning from a shooting event (e.g at a public/private range), a gunsmith, carry out of state, etc. With an HBAR, as long as you're not visiting public schools, you can leave it unloaded in your trunk or truck (MD law doesn't require a case, but it's a good idea esp if nondescript to minimize theft, etc).

This is a very good point, I did not think of that. Thanks.

-Andy

Joshvictus

2GOG
    Jul 8, 2014
    Annapolis
    FWIW I've noticed I've always shot better with the stock on my AR telescoped out further than one would originally would think would be idea for a smaller framed person, and with my off hand gripped further towards the front rather than by the magwell or midway down.

DuckFarmer

Jan 28, 2014
    FWIW I've noticed I've always shot better with the stock on my AR telescoped out further than one would originally would think would be idea for a smaller framed person, and with my off hand gripped further towards the front rather than by the magwell or midway down.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom