• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Gents, its legacy arms give it a chance to see if they are reliable and also for them to flood the market. They tend to pump out in volume, 6 months from now this might be a buy.

Also I bet those front and rear sights are poly and the same as on my little badgers.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just when I thought I didn't need another firearm . . .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    POS!

I have the Citadel M1-22. You have to replace the stock to use a sling. The sights are plastic. The bayonet lug is plastic (can be replaced with metal bayonet lug). The barrel is not long enough to affix a bayonet.

A replacement stock from CMP will work on the Metric M1. Yes, the Citadel is metric .

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Neat looking piece . Would like to see 1 in person. Beretta made 20 and 30 Rd factory mags to. :-)

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I want one simply because I have a TON of Beretta mags just from collecting them over the years of being in the military. I also purchased a few 30 rounders out of state as a novelty. Is that a dumb reason to want this? I wonder when they will start popping up in shops in Maryland and how much.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Tubular magazine, not box magazine.

Rimmed cartridges have issues with higher capacity box mags.

The ruger .44 carbine actually came in both tubular magazine as well as a 10 rotary box mag. I believe the earlier ones are tubular, later ones were box mags.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I can see rotary also, as you can make the slots far enough apart to keep the rims from touching.

Ah, rotary mag 44 is based on the Mini 14 action. Came out in 2000. Previous model (the one I am familiar with) was stopped in 1985.

soco

May 21, 2012
    this is pretty boss, I would love to have one. Anyone have actual handling experience?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They are like a slightly larger 10/22 (the early tubular mag style, I have not handled a late model one).

I would love to pick one up.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    :D

looks like it would be fun. I'll hold out for a Glock magazine variety.

Attachments

• clip1.jpg
      clip1.jpg
      37 KB · Views: 111

Venom.357

Aug 13, 2014
    :D

looks like it would be fun. I'll hold out for a Glock magazine variety.

yeah lol, nice image you added. It just slips sometimes ! Anyway, I dont know if you folks saw the update on the video. The rear sight slipped off during the first session at the gun range. A total of 300 rounds fired, at #225 the sight just slipped off, It is now a loose goose, and slips off every 7-10 rounds fired...

Luckily for me, i planned on rolling with a holo sight, I just added a mount meant for the 30 cal m1s, after a little machining it bolts on near perfect... I dont regret getting the rifle, the steel bayonet lug is only around $23.00. The steel sights are around the same each. I love that its a 9mm, and it wouldnt take much i learned to use aftermarket stocks. For some reason the mag release button is larger on this version than the real m1, so a dremel can fix that, cutting in a little slot to slide the reciever in.

I regret not waiting though, im sure someone wouldve been disgusted with it after purchasing it and seeing things go to crap, im sure i couldve gotten it for hundreds less.

If you're looking for a fun rifle that shoots 9mm, and enjoy tinkering around a bit to make it more solid, this would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom