• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Too bad it's not actually Maryland legal, since they didn't perma-attach the brake.

That still should be an easy fix for a shop that does smithing and might want to sell those, like perhaps Scott's.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That still should be an easy fix for a shop that does smithing and might want to sell those, like perhaps Scott's.

Id rather have what Scotts can do with the 18" version and can live with a muzzle break.

As noted above Ill take rifled barrel over longer flashider anyday.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Good question. I understand there is already good trigger options available; and one company will 'fix' your trigger if you mail it to them.

Which company will do a trigger job? And is it a good trigger job? I really haven't done much research into options.

The Tavor is my first bullpup and while there's a lot to like about it, the trigger absolutely sucks. It's also a noticeably heavy rifle for it's size, but nearly all Israeli-designed firearms are over-built. I guess with the chamber next to your cheek, better safe than sorry. It does balance very well in spite of its weight.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    We got one, it didn't feel or look that unwieldy compared to how it is supposed to, though the MD changes definitely DON'T make it a better rifle.

The brake is indeed removable, so it had to be blind pinned to be sold in MD, but that isn't all that difficult.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    We got one, it didn't feel or look that unwieldy compared to how it is supposed to, though the MD changes definitely DON'T make it a better rifle.

The brake is indeed removable, so it had to be blind pinned to be sold in MD, but that isn't all that difficult.

Is silver soldering or tack welding to the barrel acceptable too?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Is there any legal requirement that it has to permanent? Is it an ATF thing on how OAL is measured?
    It's an ATF regulation, anyways. The MSP says that's the standard they're going to use, so that's the standard. Law does not specify one way or the other, so the ball is in their court.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    I like the look of these rifle however i have to ask how sturdy is the action of these rifles? Is there secondary protection around the receiver? I mean we have all seen AR's or glocks blow up at the receiver for one malfunction or another. Is there steel around the receiver to help protect the shooter should a receiver get caught up in a catastrophic malfunction such as a squib load ? I dunno if it is all just polymer casing around the receiver.

This is not accusing the firearm of being at fault but more of a precautionary measure with the action being so close to ones body.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I love my tavor and my galil. The Israelis do pretty well on battle rifles.

Show with a couple other shorties

Attachments

• zhome defense rifles.jpg
      zhome defense rifles.jpg
      124.9 KB · Views: 304

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I saw 2 at On Target last week. They had on them what looked like hollow silencers. My first thought was to make it longer for oal.

Lol they put golf ball launchers on them. Their not pinned or welded though. I know a couple employees who refuse to sell them due to that fact.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Which company will do a trigger job? And is it a good trigger job? I really haven't done much research into options.

The Tavor is my first bullpup and while there's a lot to like about it, the trigger absolutely sucks. It's also a noticeably heavy rifle for it's size, but nearly all Israeli-designed firearms are over-built. I guess with the chamber next to your cheek, better safe than sorry. It does balance very well in spite of its weight.

He's probably referring to triggerwork.net Whatever you do, DO NOT cheap out and have Bill work on your trigger pack. I had a terrible experience with him on his work on my HK USP.

Timney is having issues with light primer strike and Geiselle is still on BO. I was on the list for the ShootingSight trigger and I just received mine today. I bought the one with aluminum housing pictured below which cost $325 shipped. There is also one with Delrin housing for $10 cheaper. Took my Tavor 9mm to On Target and it was as good as my 2 stage AR triggers.

Here's what it looks like:

MacTavor.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom