• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    I think I'll wait long and think hard on the Sigxi, given the mess they made of the 556r. Too bad there are few quality options--7.62x39 is a very "handy" round.

Gundahar

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Gen I 556R had some issues. I have a Gen II and it's been 10x10.

I can't give you facts based on a broad sampling of rifles but I think you'll see a general consensus that Gen II fixed the problems.

I can't speak for the xi but the R (at least mine) is a rock solid, great rifle. Good luck in your search.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Still vapor ware afaik. Michael's Machine has stated on arfcom that they have resumed production of their version and have some available.

Last I heard they were taking pre-orders, so I imagine they'll be out sometime in the near future.

Personally of all the options mentioned, I'd lean towards the Sig.

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    I have a VZ58 made by Czechpoint. It has FAB Defense stock and vented furniture that tends to keep the heat down. But then again the range I go to won't allow rapid fire. But then again the AK I have with standard furnitures heats up pretty quick after a magazine without rapid fire. Also there is a FAL FH that allows for bayonet affixing. By the way are RPDs still legal they seem like a good option for hosing down things?

Attachments

• 2013-01-10_22-07-18_449.jpg
      2013-01-10_22-07-18_449.jpg
      46.9 KB · Views: 368

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Supposedly, the Beretta ARX100 will eventually have a barrel conversion for 7.62x39 that will allow it to take standard AK mags as well.

But given how long it took them to actually release the rifle, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in those 7.62x39 barrels coming to the U.S. anytime soon. You should also expect the conversion kit will cost a pretty penny. I think the 300 blackout conversion is $400.

So this is, at best, a potential option in the future. You pretty much have to want the 5.56 version and be willing to wait on 7.62.

I have to say the idea of owning a single, gas piston rifle that can shoot 5.56, 300blackout, and 7.62x39 is kind of intriguing. I'd want to know that it really can cycle all of those calibers reliably if I were buying it with switching calibers in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom