• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Just spoke with Shawn day from the elk neck state Forrest range and was told that all ranges are now closed for repair. He hopes to reopen the rifle and shotgun range by sat morning but there is no guarantee. The pistol range has been closed ahead of time due to the storm last night. He does not have wifi so he will not be able to update on here. Please call the range and listen to the Answering machine for updates. 410 287 5675.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Thanks for the information, I was considering going there. Did he say if they were regular range repairs or did the storm damage the range?

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    He said that because if the storm they had to close the pistol range as well. Not sure what the damage would have been. But it is closed.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    He said that because if the storm they had to close the pistol range as well. Not sure what the damage would have been. But it is closed.

I went up there once years ago after a storm and the entire range was closed due to the dirt road being washed out.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    call the number Friday and sat and see if the repairs have been made to the rifle ad shotgun ranges. Shawn said there was a slight chance of a weekend opening.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    That sucks was hopping to stop in my way home tomorrow now I got to wait and I wanted to shoot if not this weekend

Nyshunter12

Aug 26, 2013
    Harford County
    I just moved to northern harford county is this range worth the drive? I can't find any other public ranges to shoot my rifles. Is there anything I have to bring as far as target setup? Thanks

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I just moved to northern harford county is this range worth the drive? I can't find any other public ranges to shoot my rifles. Is there anything I have to bring as far as target setup? Thanks

I like it. Like anything else coke vs. pepsi etc. Everyone has an opinion.
    It is bring your own everything. Outdoor range with cover, self policed for the most part, volunteer Safety Officers are there on most weekends.
    There are some specific rules to follow. More information can be found here:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/elkneckforest.asp

Nyshunter12

Aug 26, 2013
    Harford County
    I like it. Like anything else coke vs. pepsi etc. Everyone has an opinion.
    It is bring your own everything. Outdoor range with cover, self policed for the most part, volunteer Safety Officers are there on most weekends.
    There are some specific rules to follow. More information can be found here:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/elkneckforest.asp

Thanks looking to go up there on a weekend when it opens back up. Is there a place to hang your targets or do you have to bring those too.

Thanks for the link

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    There is NOTHING there for you to hang your targets on...

Read the requirements in the link about the target height,etc...

You need to build a stand & take it with you...

Your best bet would be to go up there when they are shooting with a camera...

Leave your guns home...

Take pictures of the stands that other people have built...

Nyshunter12

Aug 26, 2013
    Harford County
    There is NOTHING there for you to hang your targets on...

Read the requirements in the link about the target height,etc...

You need to build a stand & take it with you...

Your best bet would be to go up there when they are shooting with a camera...

Leave your guns home...

Take pictures of the stands that other people have built...

Good advice. Thanks I'll do that.

ENSF

Nov 22, 2008
    Rifle and shotgun ranges are open today as of 1530 hours. Pistol range is still closed and will be for one to two weeks..

Please remember that pistols annd revolvers may not be used at the rifle range. A lot of work has been done for repairs and improvements, please help us keep it that way.

Nyshunter12

Aug 26, 2013
    Harford County
    Would this be an appropriate stand for shooting at elk neck I know it has to be 48" and free standing.
    0910091329a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom