• marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Nice_Thread.jpg
    not gay

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I don't think we're there yet. There's a whole segment of gun owners who had a stash before the panic and are waiting to buy it cheap and stack it deep.

I'd gladly be proven wrong, though.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I see that with centerfire but too many people were burned with no .22 ammo so I see a whole new batch of "hoarders" that never existed before. Geez, I hope I'm wrong!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    it is nice to see a variety of ammo on the wal mart shelves again tho. both wal marts that i frequent ( north east/oxford ) both have a great selection right now.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Yep. Actually I have started shooting/sharing some of my centerfire; I was buying some before we got into the shortage and may have gone a bit over board....:-)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    As soon as I can get 5.56 for $.30 cpr delivered (we're close to that now) I am stocking up big time. Same with .22lr at low historical prices.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    When I started seeing XM193 for $330 per case I knew we were returning to "normal". A few friends and I have been debating whether ammo would return to 2011 pricing or go lower and I'm hoping lower!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    While I am seeing the ammo stock increasing on the shelves, I haven't seen the prices coming down much at either Walmart, Dick's or the LGSs. I have seen prices edging down at the web based stores, and when I can score free shipping, I can still buy ammo cheaper off the web than I can locally. Lower prices will mean I can afford to shoot more, but I intend to keep a healthy reserve "just in case".

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I remember people telling me in 2005 "Home prices are only going to go up, if someone wants to buy, they had better buy now or else. Prices may level off but they won't drop."

I remember people telling me in late 1999 "The rules for investing in the new economy have changed forever, old measurements like p/e ratios don't matter in stock pricing now. Go ahead, buy Qualcomm for $300 a share, it'll go over a thousand in a couple of months."

Bubbles burst. They always do.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I over heard some one yesterday saying ther were 4 attempted mass _____'s in the last week and politicians would use this soon. I said nothing. Prices are dropping though.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Prices are going down now but for how long?

What caused the ammo crisis? Panic buying.....

Let's look into the crystal ball....democratic primary for pres starts in January. Hillary, Cuomo and Omalley will be running and talking big about their anti gun plans. Causing panic? yep. prices rise and people hoard.

Next, one of them wins the primary and heads into the general election against a republican with strong grassroots support but limited mainstream appeal. Panic continues until the general election. Prices continue to go up.

Democrat wins? insane panic till 2020 assuming we are still allowed to buy ammo. Republican wins? panic dies down and prices fall.

The next 6 months are going to see the best prices on ammo until 2017. Surplus ammo? Not gonna happen with Obama controlling that market....

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Er, maybe.

I can see the 2X, 3X pricing going away but part of the price rise was the decrease in the value of the Dollar versus metal.

Couple that loss with the newest onslaught against person freedom, the DOJ threatening institutions that loan ammo manufacturers money. That can't help the prices.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I remember people telling me in 2005 "Home prices are only going to go up, if someone wants to buy, they had better buy now or else. Prices may level off but they won't drop."

I remember people telling me in late 1999 "The rules for investing in the new economy have changed forever, old measurements like p/e ratios don't matter in stock pricing now. Go ahead, buy Qualcomm for $300 a share, it'll go over a thousand in a couple of months."

Bubbles burst. They always do.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: When you hear stuff like that, you know something is wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom