• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    You can easily resolve the trigger grittiness yourself by replacing the mag disconnect with a TK hammer bushing and swapping out the factory sear for the Volquartsen target sear. With those two changes, my 22/45s have nicer triggers than my Buckmarks with stock triggers.

How much did that cost? What if you can't do it yourself? The cost will at least double.

$9.99 for the hammer bushing and I added the KaneWolf Slingshot mod ($24.99)
    Followed the on-line video from TK along with the excellent printed instructions. Total time for both modifications less than 1/2 hour and I'm no gunsmith! Accomplished with nothing more than a small punch (actually used a nail setter) and a micro screwdriver.

Trigger is better, mags drop out and bolt release works like it should have from the beginning!! Easier to disassemble and re-assemble also.

I've got the Mk III 22/45 target model with an inexpensive red dot. Extremely accurate out to 50 yards.

superman2001x

Jul 6, 2013
    howard county
    I got one of these earlier this year. Be prepared to put a lot of work into it and assembly and dis-assembly are painful. The 22/45 does jam a lot, so I recommend the changes listed above, plus I'd consider the following: a VQ extractor, LCI replacement (might improve feeding), Magazine Bumpers (magazines don't always seat properly). It'll does get expensive, and time consuming.. but it's a fun challenge.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If your Ruger mags are not seating properly, there are probably machining burrs and/or extra metal on the magazine stop inside the frame well.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Have you handled Mark III and 22/45 side by side? If not, don't order/buy one until you do. Mark III has Luger-style grip angle. 22/45 has 1911-style grip angle. It's an important difference, depending on which angle you prefer.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a buckmark that I tossed a Bushnell trophy RD on it. I liked it so much, I bought one for my 22/45. I piggy-backed off a previous thread where a member here was kind enough to post a thread of the mount.

Give me a few days and I'll post a pic of both of them. The trophy RD is very nice through. At 25 Yrds I'm hitting 10/9 rings no problem unless it's shaky hands day.......which is quite often :)

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    OK, just not sure who would have them both in stock at the same time so that i can handle both! I do like my 1911 in .45 ACP I have so perhaps the 22/45 is right for me. Need to touch them!

Scarab

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    OK, just not sure who would have them both in stock at the same time so that i can handle both! I do like my 1911 in .45 ACP I have so perhaps the 22/45 is right for me. Need to touch them!

Scarab

If you get up this way, I have a Ruger Mark I, II, and III that you can shoot. I do not have a 22/45 though.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144

Scarab[/QUOTE

I shoot Bullseye, .22 and .45.( and others) That said, if you like the feel of your 1911, the 22/45 should fit very well. Not so with the Mark III, which I also have....they are different. If it were I, and I liked my 1911( which I do), I would go with a 22/45.......

R

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    eecfb8f453e8ad62b7e67c94996f4583_zpsae351e4e.jpg

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Of those two, I would get the Buckmark. Both choices are very nice. Both have excellent accuracy. Buckmark just kicks it up a notch. Those particular Buckmark grips are super comfortable and I prefer that grip angle.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I was a little put off that a LOT of Browning firearms are NOT manufactured in America, but the Buck Mark line of pistols an rifles are.

I need to hold them both.

Scarab

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I was a little put off that a LOT of Browning firearms are NOT manufactured in America

No worries. John Browning is intimately tied to FN and Winchester dating back to the late 1800s. Browning (the company) has been part of Herstal Group since the 1970s, which encompasses FN, Browning, and Winchester. Many Browning long guns are made by Miroku in Japan. Miroku is one of the finest firearm manufacturers in existence. Miroku also makes Winchester long guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom