• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Who has two thumbs and a Chinese SKS with laminate stock? This guy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last week I posted about the matching numbers Type 53 I got from Shooters Discount, and commented about the beautiful laminate SKS that was there. I went back to see Lou today, and much to my surprise that laminate SKS was still there, so immediately grabbed it and lovingly caressed it. However, Lou didn't want to sell it at first. A member (MilsurpDan I think) gave him some info that it *might be* an Egyptian contract SKS, and Lou wanted to research it further. After I cried like a little homo, Lou finally decided to sell it to me at the sticker price :D.

I'm very happy with is one. Worse case I got a good deal on a Chinese SKS with a purty stock, best case I got an Egyptian contract SKS. What do the SKS experts say? Is this one anything special (besides being pretty)?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      117.4 KB · Views: 383

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Here's where it really gets interesting, stock was cut for a spike bayonet and filled in for a blade bayonet. Strange...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 360

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    No serial number on stock as I would expect to see if it was a replacement stock off a Russian SKS

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      69.4 KB · Views: 354

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Also, the serial number on this one is in the 3 mill range, not the 9 or 12 mil typically seen for Egyptian contracts. This one is import marked, which the few outside that serial number range don't seem to be.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Last night after reading the info MilsurpDan PM'd to me, I wanted to closely check out that gun REAL GOOD before letting it go. Well that chance didn't happen until after AB showed up today to buy it. After he started whinin' n' cryin' like a li'l homo (if ya' haven't ever heard a li'l homo cryin', believe me, you don't wanna':lol2:) I decided to let him buy it. I'm not certain if it's an Egyptian contract gun or not but the stock is almost definitely of Russian origin with no numbers ever having been stamper into it. Plus the spike bayonet inletting filler that was applied to it really makes this suspect to a Middle East type contract or distribution.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I'm not feeling the ME connection as it's to early and there are no Farsi marks or rack numbers. I think it's a solid buy, but it is what it is. Early Chinese with replacement stock.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm not feeling the ME connection as it's to early and there are no Farsi marks or rack numbers. I think it's a solid buy, but it is what it is. Early Chinese with replacement stock.

I agree that it's not Egyptian because it is too early (1959). It may be some sort of other contract gun, though. Or simply a replacement stock (although there's no refurb marks on the stock). Either way, I love it. This thing is bad ass!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    how much did she run you looks great

I dropped $500 plus tax on this one. A lot for an SKS I guess, but less than a Russian in similar condition. Plus, you don't see chinese laminates everyday. Hopefully my nephews will be able to trade it for the good beer when I'm dead and gone :lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well I saw far worse looking SKS' at the last gunshow out here...for sale at $450 I dont know if they sold them for that but at current market I'd say thats a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom