• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Looking over the voting history of St. Mary's representative it seems that all voted against SB281 - unless I'm mistaken.

Besides them... any idea on who to vote for?

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Johnny Wood was against it from the beginning. When I was in his office he didn't even want to talk about it stating he was against the whole thing.

Same with Tony O'Donnell.

Now the POS Bohanan got a pass from MOM and others after they knew they had enough votes to pass. Just look at his voting record on any of the ammendments and he voted the wrong way.

Roy Dyson was opposed to it and has enough senority he didn't need a pass from MOM and others to vote against it.

All that said Johnny Wood is going to retire and not running. There is only 1 Democrat running (Slade) and I don't thing there will be a problem beating him in the general election.

Of the 3 Republicans running it's a tough call for me.

"Puff" Barthelme looks to be a RINO and was on the Democratic central committee at one time. He's catching some flak from his "Keep Waldorf in Waldorf" ads. He's defiantly got more signs and hitting all the right campaign spots.

Matt Morgan ran before and I believe it was a close race back then. He’s got more support from the local Republican club. Don’t know much else about him and am trying to find out.

Tommy McKay kind of threw his hat in the ring at the last minute and might be another possible choice. A lot of people don’t like him but I can’t say he’s made any bad decisions as far as when he was a county commissioner.

Deb Ray is a Republican running against Bohanan. I don’t believe she has anyone else running in the primary against her.

Last but not least it looks like everyone wants Roy’s spot. I’ve never had a problem with him and the job he’s done even with a D after his name.

Larry Jarboe is running for the Republican spot to oppose Dyson. I think he’s got some good ideas and like the way he thinks sometimes but he doesn’t always come across correctly with those ideas and thoughts

Steve Waugh from Calvert ran before and only lost by 1280 votes overall and won Calvert by 700 votes. I know absolutely nothing else about him.

Cindy Jones, current County Commissioner is running also. Don’t know much about her either.

I’ve thrown a lot out here and hope some others will jump in and fill some of the gaps and add comments.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Last but not least it looks like everyone wants Roy’s spot. I’ve never had a problem with him and the job he’s done even with a D after his name.

Roy Dyson sponsored SB966 this past session, which repleals sunday hunting from Saint Marys

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    I like Dyson. Even though he is a Dem, his voting on most things I agree with. That being said, he is a Dem and that adds to the majority count. I will vote for him in the primary, but against him in the general. I wish he was an I or R.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Johnny Wood was against it from the beginning. When I was in his office he didn't even want to talk about it stating he was against the whole thing.

Same with Tony O'Donnell.

Now the POS Bohanan got a pass from MOM and others after they knew they had enough votes to pass. Just look at his voting record on any of the ammendments and he voted the wrong way.

Roy Dyson was opposed to it and has enough senority he didn't need a pass from MOM and others to vote against it.

All that said Johnny Wood is going to retire and not running. There is only 1 Democrat running (Slade) and I don't thing there will be a problem beating him in the general election.

Of the 3 Republicans running it's a tough call for me.

"Puff" Barthelme looks to be a RINO and was on the Democratic central committee at one time. He's catching some flak from his "Keep Waldorf in Waldorf" ads. He's defiantly got more signs and hitting all the right campaign spots.

Matt Morgan ran before and I believe it was a close race back then. He’s got more support from the local Republican club. Don’t know much else about him and am trying to find out.

Tommy McKay kind of threw his hat in the ring at the last minute and might be another possible choice. A lot of people don’t like him but I can’t say he’s made any bad decisions as far as when he was a county commissioner.

Deb Ray is a Republican running against Bohanan. I don’t believe she has anyone else running in the primary against her.

Larry Jarboe is running for the Republican spot to oppose Dyson. I think he’s got some good ideas and like the way he thinks sometimes but he doesn’t always come across correctly with those ideas and thoughts

Steve Waugh from Calvert ran before and only lost by 1280 votes overall and won Calvert by 700 votes. I know absolutely nothing else about him.

Cindy Jones, current County Commissioner is running also. Don’t know much about her either.

I’ve thrown a lot out here and hope some others will jump in and fill some of the gaps and add comments.

I just moved here so that's great information, thanks Chief!

CFCE

Nov 23, 2012
    St. Mary's Co.
    It's true Puff was a Democrat. However he says he didn't leave the Party the Party left him. At one time in St. Mary's, the local elections were decided in the primary. If one was not a Democrat your vote didn't count. I can remember back in 1973 when I registered Independent (at that time in Maryland Independent was not a party, it was the only other option if one didn't want to go R or D. Over the years I got changed to Declined and then Unaffiliated) my parents had a fit, telling me I would have no say in local elections. Does it really matter what letter is behind your name as long as you have conservative values ie Johnny Wood? Interesting that he's catching flak for his Waldorf stance; must be from the influx of people relocated here from more urban areas due to BRAC. I for one do not want the mess that is Waldorf and St. Charles down here.

sgar2600

Mar 27, 2013

Matt Morgan is a good guy. He lives in my neighborhood and he stopped by my house last election cycle. If i can find his reply to my email (from last election) re. 2A I will post it. The tl;dr was he supports concealed carry, gun ownership and is generally pro-gun.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    29A, B, C not a problem according to the chart.

Yeah, it looks like those district races will come down to the General Election. I just moved the remaining votes for those from the TODO list into the district.

On the Senate side - It looks like Dyson won by a small margin in 2010, and the 2012 funding numbers from followthemoney show just $2,775 raised. I don't have any info on 2013 funding.

On the House side for 2010 - 2 of the 3 General Election votes were very close. O'Donnell won by a larger margin on the 3rd

2010 General election vote counts - http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2010/results/Primary/index.html

One could still go DINO to vote for/against (D) candidates in the primary of other races like the Governor or Attorney General; strategy there is TBD

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yeah, it looks like those district races will come down to the General Election. I just moved the remaining votes for those from the TODO list into the district.

On the Senate side - It looks like Dyson won by a small margin in 2010, and the 2012 funding numbers from followthemoney show just $2,775 raised. I don't have any info on 2013 funding.

On the House side for 2010 - 2 of the 3 General Election votes were very close. O'Donnell won by a larger margin on the 3rd

2010 General election vote counts - http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2010/results/Primary/index.html

One could still go DINO to vote for/against (D) candidates in the primary of other races like the Governor or Attorney General; strategy there is TBD

this is what i think we need to do. dyson and odonell are good to go in my opinion.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Dyson does not look to have votes in favor of any anti-2A measures. Did you notice the vote in favor of the Minimum Wage increase?

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Dyson does not look to have votes in favor of any anti-2A measures. Did you notice the vote in favor of the Minimum Wage increase?
    As well as voting for union wages for school construction and against marijuana decriminalization.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Don't forget, Murphy was the sponsor of the gun bill in the House. He voted against it finally, but like others say, he was give the pass since they knew it was going to pass.

I talked to him after wards, and he said he voted against it because he did not like it. Hell, it was not as tough as the one he sonspored. He sould have been exhausted after the 1.5 hours talking, all he did was tap dance around everything I ask. He now is going to run for County Commissioner President. He screwed the pooch at the state level, so he wants to do more at the county level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom