• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevilDog

Security Officer/Bouncer
    Jul 21, 2015
    Maryland
    The MD State Police Licensing Division has been
    overturned three times already at tonight's hearing. According to "The Right Focus".

This sounds like good news.....

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I just got off the phone with DC-W, and he gave me a general rundown on it.

Good news, even if some of it was bumpy.

Little victories are what we need. Houses aren't built from the chimney down...
    What was bumpy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It is getting easier to get permits....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is MD, so...

6gMuxut.jpg

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    If I understood it right, there was a Board member still feeling their oats, and wasn't completely comfortable saying what was right and reasonable, then came around.

I did hear that Knaub left bothered, if not with his tail between his legs (my impression)

Knaub likes to make BS up on the fly and grossly misinterpret statutes. He's even tried to claim " intent Y" when the statute clearly says X. Had a few email and phone exchanges with that asshat.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Put it to you this way... 3 people that didn't have substantial specific documented threats against them got permits tonight -- and none of them through an employer.

The board overturned the MSP in 3 out of 5 cases. One of the two not overturned had a juvenile record and would likely have been given a permit if it weren't for that. He'll either get his record expunged or turn 30 and get a permit after that.

The other was a retired correctional officer that didn't submit enough basic info. He probably would have gotten a permit if he did.

Not perfect, but a mammoth step in the correct direction. Yes, paperwork shouldn't stand in between one and their ability to defend oneself, but that's all it was. Not a lack of G&s. Not a bag of money or valuables -- just info that the board couldn't verify.

Pretty incredible night.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not perfect, but a mammoth step in the correct direction. Yes, paperwork shouldn't stand in between one and their ability to defend oneself, but that's all it was. Not a lack of G&s. Not a bag of money or valuables -- just info that the board couldn't verify.

Pretty incredible night.

Nice progress. They've internalized that self defense is a civil right and one can't predict where or when one might need to exercise this right (or law enforcement would be able to predict/precog crime and stop it before its occurrence), and this is the G&S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom