• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Just going to straight up plagiarize the following text from dblas for the next meeting of the secret squirrel.

This is for discussion and possible planning purposes.

6776 Reisterstown Road (South tower entrance) Central Hiring Unit Conference Room (first floor) Baltimore, Md., 21215

Map of the HPRB Meeting Site can be found here...(unless the Board votes to change it)

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=50

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just going to straight up plagiarize the following text from dblas for the next meeting of the secret squirrel.

This is for discussion and possible planning purposes.

6776 Reisterstown Road (South tower entrance) Central Hiring Unit Conference Room (first floor) Baltimore, Md., 21215

Map of the HPRB Meeting Site can be found here...(unless the Board votes to change it)

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=50

:lol: :thumbsup:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I will attempt to update with an agenda and any "minutes" if I can get the admin to turn them over.

Audio streaming will be available during this meeting and should be of a much better quality than last time.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Yeah... but according to some, permits should be falling from the sky like gumdrops from Heaven by now... right?

:D:sarcasm:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Yeah... but according to some, permits should be falling from the sky like gumdrops from Heaven by now... right?

But at least you will be able to attend a purtie meeting after your application is denied....assuming you don't get assaulted in the parking lot....

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I call this progress, however small, but still progress.

now if they can tell us the outcome of the votes in a timely fashion, that would be great. I understand keeping the voting secret but since the outcome of the msp is listed I see no reason that they cant list the outcomes of the board meetings also, without names of course.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

Actually I believe, and as heard from many others, most MD'ers do not apply given the fact it is so difficult to obtain a permit even with restrictions so there are few gumdrops to fall. It is like buying a $500 lottery ticket you have to stand in line for 8 hrs to get.
    Time will tell, good work all!

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I call this progress, however small, but still progress.

now if they can tell us the outcome of the votes in a timely fashion, that would be great. I understand keeping the voting secret but since the outcome of the msp is listed I see no reason that they cant list the outcomes of the board meetings also, without names of course.

The fact that they specifically state that the votes in closed session are to remain confidential could be an issue with OMA. Need to look into that further. I agree that they should not list names, but THINK they are required to publish their votes.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    The fact that they specifically state that the votes in closed session are to remain confidential could be an issue with OMA. Need to look into that further. I agree that they should not list names, but THINK they are required to publish their votes.

See page 4 of the PDF.....they are in compliance with the OMA.....

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    See page 4 of the PDF.....they are in compliance with the OMA.....

Just because they state that it is to remain confidential does not mean they are in compliance. I'm not saying they aren't, but I think that they are not. As I stated, I am having this looked into further.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Actually I believe, and as heard from many others, most MD'ers do not apply given the fact it is so difficult to obtain a permit even with restrictions so there are few gumdrops to fall. It is like buying a $500 lottery ticket you have to stand in line for 8 hrs to get.
    Time will tell, good work all!

That's what keeps me from applying. I know having more applications would possibly take away one of their talking points but spending the time, effort, and money on a certain denial (at this point) just isn't in the cards for me.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    From the OMA website:

§3–103.
    (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section and § 3–104 of this
    subtitle, this title does not apply to:
    (1) a public body when it is carrying out:
    (i) an administrative function;
    (ii) a judicial function; or
    (iii) a quasi–judicial function; or
    (2) a chance encounter, a social gathering, or any other occasion that is
    not intended to circumvent this title.
    (b) This title applies to a public body when it is meeting to consider:
    (1) granting a license or permit; or
    (2) a special exception, variance, conditional use, or zoning
    classification, the enforcement of any zoning law or regulation, or any other zoning
    matter.
    §3–104.
    If a public body recesses an open session to carry out an administrative function
    in a meeting that is not open to the public, the minutes for the public body’s next
    meeting shall include:
    (1) a statement of the date, time, place, and persons present at the
    administrative function meeting; and
    (2) a phrase or sentence identifying the subject matter discussed at the
    administrative function meeting.

Based on the above, it appears that when they are meeting to:
    1. Granting a license or permit

That this should be open to the public and not in a closed session.....

Link to the full pdf:

http://www.oag.state.md.us/Opengov/Openmeetings/10_1_14_OPEN_MEETINGS_ACT.pdf

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    And this is the first time to our knowledge that the minutes have ever been kept, or posted, so another incremental improvement.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Baby steps folks, baby steps.

We crawl before we walk, and we walk before we run.

Good job to anyone and everyone that has shown up at even one meeting, or provided support for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom