• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have two AR lowers I need to finish. One is going to be a pistol lower, the other is for my KISS carbine. I picked up a CMMG LPK today. The KISS upper is getting its barrel shortened and I'm getting an AAC brake pinned on it so OAL is 16", and it has an A2 upper receiver so the sights are what they are. Also, carbine length gas system with a black Magpul hand guard. I want the KISS rifle to be as light as possible, so should I stick with a standard grip or go with something else?

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I love my A1 grip...

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I use the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 on all of mine. Inexpensive, perfect angle for a battle rifle, and nice texture/grip. I've got a drawer full of A2 grips collecting dust and no desire to see them again.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I have two Ergo grips with the gapper and one Magpul MOE grip. I haven't tried the BCM ones yet, got a pic of one installed?

I have MOE and BCM grips. The BCM is better made and I prefer the angle. Once I got the first BCM, I never looked back. My rifles with the MOE all received the BCM treatment. Besides the steeper angle, BCM is chunkier than A2 but not as chunky as MOE.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I have two Ergo grips with the gapper and one Magpul MOE grip. I haven't tried the BCM ones yet, got a pic of one installed?

Here is the one without the beaver tail. For some reason I don't like grips with the beaver tail. The aluminum feels better in that pocket between your thumb and pointer finger.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I grabbed a Spike's enhanced LPK when they were around $150 and really like the Ergo grip, kind of matched the Ergo F93 stock to it. I think it looks badass, the grip is comfortable and you're not gonna slip off like most plastic type grips I've handled. Because of the Spike's billet trigger guard there was no gap to fill with the Ergo grip.
    041.jpg

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I've used the Hogue OverMolded Pistol Grip on mine and like the feel. Kinda heavy, though, compared to other grips. Black is hard to find at the moment...OOS at Amazon and Midway.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I've used the Hogue OverMolded Pistol Grip on mine and like the feel. Kinda heavy, though, compared to other grips. Black is hard to find at the moment...OOS at Amazon and Midway.

2nd, have these on every one of my ARs. My hands are small. The magpul grips are too thick. Have not tried others. Went with what worked.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    You'd think after 9 AR builds I'd have figured out what I want, but such is not the case. I am going to call around tomorrow and see who has the BCM in stock so I can get a feel for it. I think Quantico Tactical may have them in stock, along with about five other grips so I can do a direct comparison. Thanks all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom