• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    UPDATED AS OF 12/31/2014: TRANSFER FEES HAVE CHANGED.
    SEE http://tylerfirearms.com/transfers.php FOR MORE DETAILS.

THESE PRICES ARE EFFECTIVE 01/01/2015. All existing transfers are done under the old rates. Call for details.

If you purchase a firearm from us, there are no transfer fees and NO CREDIT CARD FEES.

Spent shell casing are $25 - free if you buy the gun from us.

Long guns (non-regulated rifles and shotguns): $60.00

• FREE if you purchase the firearm from us
    • MDS or NRA Members: $50.00
    • Law Enforcement or Military: $40.00
    • Used long guns or C&R: $30.00

Regulated firearms (including all lowers and handguns): $70.00

• FREE if you purchase the firearm from us
    • MDS or NRA Members: $60.00
    • Law Enforcement or Military: $50.00
    • Used regulated firearms or C&R: $40.00

Not an NRA member? We can save you $10 off your annual membership. Click here to save now!

Optional Comprehensive Firearms Inspection including test fire: $149.00

• We will perform a thorough visual inspection of your firearm
    • We will perform a manufacturer's recommended maintenance inspection of your firearm
    • We will conduct a complete functions check according to the manufacturer's specifications
    • We will perform a test fire of at least 3-5 rounds to ensure your firearm fires correctly
    • We will sight in your optics at the distance you specify (up to 200 yards)
    • We will clean and inspect your firearm to make sure it is ready to fire the day you pick it up
    • The Comprehensive Firearms Inspection could take up to 10 business days to complete

Last edited:

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Any plans to open an outlet in St. Mary's county? I think we could use some new competition down here. Those are unbeatable prices on transfer fees.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I will definitely be stopping by, my work takes me close to that area about once a month or so. Great price on the transfer fees!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Very cool, welcome! You guys are right by my work so I may have to stop in some time. Just wondering, any plans for a class 3 license?

We've thought about it, but want to get our store and classes going before we move into the class 3 world. We don't want to take on too much too fast so we don't go out of business.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    We've thought about it, but want to get our store and classes going before we move into the class 3 world. We don't want to take on too much too fast so we don't go out of business.

That's a reasonable approach. Hope you guys do well. With a couple of shops closing recently it's good to see new ones pop up :thumbsup:

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    That's a reasonable approach. Hope you guys do well. With a couple of shops closing recently it's good to see new ones pop up :thumbsup:

We started the process when I got back from Afghanistan last June. It took until January for us to get all of our licenses. The state license only took about 2 weeks. The federal... that's a different story. We had no idea so many dealers were going to close so close to us. I've heard of at least three that are going out of business right in our local area.

We feel that our business model allows us to survive, even in the toughest of times. We are debt free (thanks to my wife who won't allow me to take on financing) and only have minimal monthly expenses. We got lucky with our store in that we aren't paying $15,000 a month for the lease...LOL

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Now I'm tempted to start looking at gunbroker again...

I'll be more than happy to process your transfers. Something to think about, though. Gunbroker may be cheaper at first, but some things you get with us that you don't get from Gunbroker:

1. No transfers fees when you purchase the gun from us.
    2. No credit card fees
    3. Most of our guns have lifetime repair or replace warranties - your choice. If it jams, for example, you bring it to me and I'll repair or replace it at your option. All replacement guns are shipped overnight.
    4. If the gun doesn't have a lifetime warranty on it, WE call the manufacturer and take care of any repairs. That is if we can't fix it ourselves.
    5. We have loyal customer discounts. The more you buy, the more you save. Most companies will give huge discounts to get new customers. We believe in that, too, but we also believe in giving discounts to people who spend their hard earned money with us.
    6. If you have questions about a gun you buy from us, bring it in and we'll walk you through how to use it safely.
    7. We work with you to make sure you get the right gun for you. We spend on average 30 minutes with each customer to make sure the gun is right for them.

It takes us normally 1-2 days to get a gun delivered if we don't have it in stock. UPS, Fedex and USPS are all right around the corner from us. We get ground shipments from our distributors most times overnight.

All I ask is that you give me a chance to get the gun of your choice before you get it online. Give me a price you found, and I just might be able to beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom