• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    They're running 10% off certain bullet weights. I picked up 200 rounds of remanufactured 230gr 45acp for $52 to my door. You can get free shipping if you're a first time customer, discounts apply in cart.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I have 1k rounds of remanuf 147gr 9mm and 500 rounds of 147gr hush. Both shoot great.

If the 10mm was in stock and on sale, I'd definitely buy .

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Just a word of warning...

My experience with Freedom Munitions...

Case of 45 ball, every box had multiple rounds that were WAY under length. I know there is no published minimum length, but this was not right.

Case of 5.56. Was sighting in a scope at 300yds and it was all over the place. I thought is was the mount so I remounted it and same thing. Switched to Lake City and PMC XTac and was nailing the plate every shot without issue.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've bought tons of FM and have only had one or two FTF. When I let them know about it they sent me a box of ammo for free to make up for it.
    Awesome customer service.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I recently bought 1000 rounds of 147 gr 9mm from FM, but I have not had the time to get to the range to see how it shoots. I did buy 230 gr 45acp from them and I never had an issue with any of it.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ***I've used them for years. 1000's of rounds shot per year, taken advantage of their brass recycling program and sometimes free shipping sales. I use primarily 9mm, and .38 special and their stuff shoots better than new Remington UMC and other brands purchased when Freedom Munitions was out of stock, etc.. As far as I'm concerned, I cannot tell the difference between new and remanufactured from that company, it's great stuff.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I still buy it in small batches if needed, but this was from my 1st box, of my 1st thousand rounds of NEW 9mm that I ever bought.

The choice then, was to either visually check and measure, 1,000 rounds of ammo, or pay to send it back. It sucked, but I checked it all with a straight edge, then used a caliper for measuring the ones that looked "iffy"...OAL on some, was less than 1". Boxes were NOT damaged, so they were boxed and shipped as shown below.

I believe "temporary holiday help" was who got blamed...:rolleyes:
    Looked more like QC to me, and with many obviously lightly loaded rounds, I've not bought it in bulk since.

Last edited:

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    Interesting those who have had bad/iffy experiences with FM. I am in no way doubting your claims. I will simply state that I have fired thousands of rounds of their 115gr 9mm (new) and 55gr 5.56 (new) without a single problem. I also have used their brass buy back program and been very happy with it. I won't hesitate to purchase from them in the future.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Great ammo at a good price, but I've also seen setbacks on a couple of 9mm out of 250. I toss them into the red bucket. I always inspect my ammo before using.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    All the major manufactures have had ammo recalls from time to time. Freedom has one right now for 223 http://www.freedommunitions.com/Safety-Center-s/57344.htm#

We would like to think these are rare events, for the billions of rounds of ammo produced every year. If an event is rare enough, you and a thousand others can go a lifetime and never see a problem.

And yet, different individuals of MDShooters keep having problems with Freedom. It's not like the same guy with an axe to grind, posts the same thing in every FM thread. If the same problems are happening with Hornady, Fed, Win and Rem, I am just not noticing those posts

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    All the major manufactures have had ammo recalls from time to time. Freedom has one right now for 223 http://www.freedommunitions.com/Safety-Center-s/57344.htm#

We would like to think these are rare events, for the billions of rounds of ammo produced every year. If an event is rare enough, you and a thousand others can go a lifetime and never see a problem.

And yet, different individuals of MDShooters keep having problems with Freedom. It's not like the same guy with an axe to grind, posts the same thing in every FM thread. If the same problems are happening with Hornady, Fed, Win and Rem, I am just not noticing those posts

Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to bad mouth them and hope no one took it like that, as I do still buy from there once in a while. I just thought it was odd that the first box of 50, out of 20 boxes had the ammo shown above.

I did (and do) still experience light loads averaging at about 1 round per box, but I get the same thing with the Perfecta. Like you mention though, not with any other ammo have I had, or heard, of any similar issues.

I actually like their Hornady HPs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom