• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hilarious.

Certainly no one ever tried and convicted by these prosecutors would ever resent the fact, and attempt to seek retribution. After all, they were rehabilitated by their incarceration.

Eventually, political correctness will turn around and bite the hand that feeds. I eagerly await such occurrences.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Pretty good article I thought. Seems like they are protected by the NY law quoted. Unfortunately, unless they've been a victim, the prosecutors are likely entirely in agreement with the policy. If it were me, I'd buy as many guns as possible and then sue the living bejesus out of them. Rather than retire on the award (assuming it would be substantial), I think I'd donate it all to SAF. That'd stick in NYC's craw quite nicely.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    not even worth the rant about stupid...

picard-facepalm-because-expressing-how-dumb-that-was-in-words-dont-work.jpg

SilverBulletZ06

May 31, 2012
    Same office that wrongfully prosecuted several gun shops because they were telling customers how to work the law to do legal things with an AR (collapsible stock glued in place, etc). They also lost a multi million dollar lawsuit by another gun shop a few years ago for wrongful prosecution. All this under DA Rice's leadership, IIRC she just took McCarthy's seat.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I am pretty sure the SCOTUS has ruled that handguns in the home are reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The policy is beatable , but doing so would have a predictable effect on one's career path. What we/ SAF needs is an ADA that has put in his intended time with the DA, and is otherwise planning to leave to go into private practice, who also happens to be either C&R holder or handgun hunter.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They would probably be a good enough lawyer themselves. They would just have to plan on leaving the DA office the day after winning. There are enough lawyers who work for DA for a few years to gain experience, improve resume, and make contacts, with intention of winding up in private practice, it isn't a streatch to have someone willing to rock boat and split.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I'm wondering how long this policy will last

This is the point that grinds my gears, no sane lawyer should think this is constitutional, yet they puke it out ....without fear. There should be harsh penalty for intentionally alienating an inalienable right.:mad54:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Their boss doesn't want them sympathizing with "the enemy" (in NYS that means law-abiding gun owners).

Plus as broad as their prohibitions are on handgun ownership now I'd imagine the DA is afraid of the publicity when one of his prosecutors goes to see a shrink for job-related stress and gets his guns seized.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    This is the point that grinds my gears, no sane lawyer should think this is constitutional, yet they puke it out ....without fear. There should be harsh penalty for intentionally alienating an inalienable right.:mad54:

Disbarment at the minimum

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    [A]ssistant district attorneys are not permitted to apply for a handgun permit nor own or possess a handgun while employed by the Nassau County District Attorney. Any exception to this policy must be in writing and approved by the District Attorney.

I asked the office about the reasons for the policy, and its answer was:

Our practice of asking prosecutors to not possess handguns is to ensure the safety and comfort of staff, victims, and witnesses, and is consistent with other district attorney’s offices in the New York City metropolitan area.

1. If they want to prohibit firearms on Nassau County Property, I guess that is their right. The safety and comfort of staff, victims, and witnesses can be accomplished by that (using their words, not agreeing)

2. The ADA must give up his own safety and comfort while at home and may not be able to defend himself or his family from those that they have prosecuted.

Yup, sounds like NY to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom