Any Interest in a 4-hour Intro to IDPA Class?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    The purpose of this post is to gage interest in a potential 4-hour, minimal cost ($10 or less), live fire intro to IDPA class at Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club (TCSC).

Target audience for this course is those who have completed a basic or intermediate pistol course and would like to try IDPA. Or, those who have LEO, military or contractor experience with handguns and want to give IDPA a try. Any minors must be at least 12 years old and have a parent or legal guardian present with them at all times. All participants will be required to sign a waiver.

I will be the instructor. Classes will be limited to three shooters, but I'm prepared to do several depending on interest. My credentials include: NRA and Maryland certified pistol instructor, certified IDPA Safety Officer, and certified TCSC Range Officer. I'm looking at holding these classes on Friday afternoons and occasionally on those weekends when action bays are available. As I'm retired, weekday courses other than Friday are also an option.

What's currently envisioned for the course:

- Equipment Requirements:
    - Pistol or Revolver with at least a 6-round capacity and 9mm/.38 Special or larger caliber
    - Belt holster, either inside or outside, that covers the trigger guard
    and allows for one-handed holstering
    - Three magazines, speed loaders or clips (two mag pouches desired but
    not required)
    - Concealment garment such as a shirt, jacket or vest that conceals the
    gun and ammo
    - Handgun case and/or range bag
    - 150 rounds of ammo
    - Eye and ear protection
    - Water and clothing appropriate for conditions
    - All instruction and shooting conducted on an action shooting bay at TCSC:
    - Safety and Safe Areas
    - IDPA specific course-of-fire and other commands
    - Targets and scoring
    - Grip and recoil control
    - Drawing and reloading
    - Shooting target arrays
    - Shooting from cover
    - Shooting while moving

If you are interested please reply to this thread; or, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    The purpose of this post is to gage interest in a potential 4-hour, minimal cost ($10 or less), live fire intro to IDPA class at Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club (TCSC). Target audience for this course is those who have completed a basic or intermediate pistol course and would like to try IDPA. Or, those who have LEO, military or contractor experience with handguns and want to give IDPA a try. Any minors must be at least 12 years old and have a parent or legal guardian present with them at all times. All participants will be required to sign a waiver. I will be the instructor. Classes will be limited to three shooters, but I'm prepared to do several depending on interest. My credentials include: NRA and Maryland certified pistol instructor, certified IDPA Safety Officer, and certified TCSC Range Officer. I'm looking at holding these classes on Friday afternoons and occasionally on those weekends when action bays are available. As I'm retired, weekday courses other than Friday are also an option. What's currently envisioned for the course: - Equipment Requirements: - Pistol or Revolver with at least a 6-round capacity and 9mm/.38 Special or larger caliber - Belt holster, either inside or outside, that covers the trigger guard and allows for one-handed holstering - Three magazines, speed loaders or clips (two mag pouches desired but not required) - Concealment garment such as a shirt, jacket or vest that conceals the gun and ammo - Handgun case and/or range bag - 150 rounds of ammo - Eye and ear protection - Water and clothing appropriate for conditions - All instruction and shooting conducted on an action shooting bay at TCSC: - Safety and Safe Areas - IDPA specific course-of-fire and other commands - Targets and scoring - Grip and recoil control - Drawing - Shooting target arrays - Shooting from cover - Shooting while moving If you are interested please reply to this thread; or, feel free to send me a PM.
    I'm interested!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    find a way to reach out to all the wear/carry permit holders here. i do believe anyone who is looking to carry or does carry, should shoot a match. not to compete, just to experience the fundamentals. can be an eye opening experience. i'll pass this info to my students. thanks! date/time/requirements?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Fridays are actually better for me than weekend dates - although traveling on 15 North on Friday afternoons can be slow. Pending date compatibility, I might be into this as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom