• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B00ST00

Dec 20, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I will answer no to the conviction but the problem is the arrest or charge question. I cant say no because I don't want MSP to think I'm trying to pull a fast one but if I answer yes to arrest and charge then ffl says no (not MSP)

Your missing what these people are telling you. There is not a question regarding an arrest, only in respect to a conviction. You should be fine.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Question asks about convictions, not charges or arrests. Only CCW app asks that. I call BS on anyone saying the regulated or other paperwork asks about charges disposed without conviction.

casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    scottp999 said:
    I still think you may be confused on the questions. You should make sure you are clear on them, what they mean and if you can answer no.

When you air past mistakes or bad behavior to a store owner or employee then they can personally say they won't sell to you even if the actions are not disqualifying at the MSP or national levels. Their choice I believe on what it their personal or store policy.

For example, a first and only DUI offense where you got PBJ, and did the probation successfully, is not disqualifying. But if you walk in to someone's gun store and start telling them you had a DUI arrest, you never know, they may have had a family member or friend killed or injured by a drunk driver and refuse your business.

So what does one do here?say no to all questions so ffl processes and then call MSP and say it was an error? It was one thing when it happened the first time with the handgun but that was an honest mistake and I'm not one to blatantly lie on a form. An I correct that the form doesn't specify punishable greater than x amt of time it just say arrested yes/no

casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    B00ST00 said:
    Your missing what these people are telling you. There is not a question regarding an arrest, only in respect to a conviction. You should be fine.

I don't feel I'm missing it. I know and MSP knows I should be fine but 2 different FFLs told me if you have been arrested the application process stops. I never told them what the arrest was for. It could have been littering or something extremely small. But the fact that there was an arrest was the problem so I can't walk in and just say no to arrest and send that to MSP because that would be false info on the form. If there's more to it then that then I guess you are right and I still am not understanding.
    To me I just think I need to fine an ffl that will process the app...know any?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    So what does one do here?say no to all questions so ffl processes and then call MSP and say it was an error? It was one thing when it happened the first time with the handgun but that was an honest mistake and I'm not one to blatantly lie on a form. An I correct that the form doesn't specify punishable greater than x amt of time it just say arrested yes/no

Answer truthfully. Lying on a 4473 is a felony. Don't get into details with the FFL. Encourage the FFL to forward the forms to MSP so that MSP can decide. Don't give the FFL solid reasons for spidey senses to leap into overdrive.

casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    I've contacted an mdshooter friendly attorney about this. So we'll see what he says and I'll let you know my outcome

Thanks again for all the replies
    -Chris

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I do not understand all this talk of arrests mattering. Not one place on the current form can I find jack about being arrested. Only convicted of the specified crimes or imprisonment.

casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    Boom Boom said:
    Answer truthfully. Lying on a 4473 is a felony. Don't get into details with the FFL. Encourage the FFL to forward the forms to MSP so that MSP can decide. Don't give the FFL solid reasons for spidey senses to leap into overdrive.

That's my feeling. Just need the ffl

casmith09

Jul 24, 2012
    Catonsville
    Justin B.C. said:
    I do not understand all this talk of arrests mattering. Not one place on the current form can I find jack about being arrested. Only convicted of the specified crimes or imprisonment.

Do you have a link. the only one I saw has it on MSP. Maybe it's the wrong form?

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Yea I really only remember questions about convicted of a felony, indited for a felony.....drunkard, drugs, domestic violence....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom