• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Gotta do a little testing with this thing before I think about selling any. Don't wanna have a bunch made and have them all break or something. Ya know?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats awesome, I so wanted to get a PS90 before the iron curtain fell.......this makes me want one more (but not with the hideously long barrel)

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Just an update on this. The original part was slightly warped outta the box so I sent it back. Just got the replacement part made out of a new material and it fit perfectly. Feels a little stronger too. AND the black is slightly darker which I like. I need still need to see how it holds up to some shooting but I like! :)

Attachments

• 20140219_173736.jpg
      20140219_173736.jpg
      72.4 KB · Views: 506

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    Need to cerakote the frame and rail to make it seamless looking. Just an idea. Does it attach to the barrel shroud? Does it come off with the barrel assembly or do you need to remove the rail piece first before separating the barrel from the frame?

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Need to cerakote the frame and rail to make it seamless looking. Just an idea. Does it attach to the barrel shroud? Does it come off with the barrel assembly or do you need to remove the rail piece first before separating the barrel from the frame?

I dunno about the coating. I'd be scared to bake/cure a material/part that is formed by heat in the first place. It might be fine but it might deform...

Kinda confused by your question. The 4 rails attach to the barrel shroud and stay attached. Field strip is still quick and easy by simply removing the lower thumb screw. It is very easy to install and remove with no modifications to the gun needed.

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    My question was does the added assembly come off with the barrel assembly or do you need to remove the entire added assembly before breaking down the weapon

SpookyDan

HK Freak
    Mar 10, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    My question was does the added assembly come off with the barrel assembly or do you need to remove the entire added assembly before breaking down the weapon

Yea that is what I mean by "field strip". You can removed just the lower thumb screw and separate the two parts of the gun as you normally would with my part still attached to the "barrel assembly".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom