• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Depending on the thread pattern on the dolos collar, you may be able to run a YHM rail - just pure speculation on my part, but the threads reminded me of the YHM barrel nut.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Depending on the thread pattern on the dolos collar, you may be able to run a YHM rail - just pure speculation on my part, but the threads reminded me of the YHM barrel nut.

Was thinking about interchangeability when I saw the video as well. They probably made the threads proprietary to their product. We'll see...

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Just a gimmick IMO. Too many issues with headspace, re zeroing, handguard selection, accessory comparability, etc... Swapping uppers is the way to go...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412818511.718116.jpg

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Well, it arrived today (3 days to my door) and I was pleased to see that I could still use the A2 front sight and didn't need a gas block for MY needs. I may get a lo-pro block in the future, but this is what I want now...a full-sized, backpack carbine that breaks down to just over 18". I can see the fascination of building these into a pistol config, but the lower/buffer tube length would be the limiting factor of the compactness of the system.

The individual pieces are solidly crafted and the unit locks up tight to the receiver. The concerns about coming undone if you're careless, have merit. This is NOT a carbine course/3-gun/operator/sandbox ready rifle. This seems to me a perfect kit for a SHTF/ICoE/plinking/camping type situation. It is a compact and discreet system that assembles quickly if needed.

Now I just need a nice briefcase. ;)

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    What if I don't want to pay $200 for a tax stamp plus wait 9+ months for an approval? :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Approval via eFile is about 4 weeks these days.

At least mine were exactly 4 weeks.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Just installed one of these on a friend's AR and I agree with guthook's conclusion. I think it's pretty slick... to a point. If I was looking to have a firearm in the vehicle just in case and it had a carbine length FSB and I was using only one barrel I would use it. I would not use it on a heavy duty or SHTF weapon. Unlocking the handguard during high stress situations and manipulations would be a real possibility.

I do not think it would hard to add some type of locking mechanism... so maybe I'll wait for Dolos 2.0...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom