• RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    Anybody work on these here. Have some
    Questions.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    We have had 3 company's come out to service. All equipment sat for 5 years (ish)
    Never had well before jus looking to see what needed as maintenance.
    Also thinking about moving all the equipment from under the steps to back furnace room. Jus wanna see if it's do able or if the pump needs/should be closer to the well.
    Does anybody run 4foot tall carbon filters(3) of em how often to replace them. All at once or one at a
    Time and change order they are in.
    Basically a how to and a whats what

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    First, have an independent company test your water. I used these people. http://watertestinglabs.com/
    Not an expert but...if you are running 3 filters in series you are wasting money! The last one is not filtering anything. Junk was trapped in the first one.
    If you are running them for odor or taste, then you have a bigger problem and there is a better solution. IMO!
    I used this site as a reference and for Q & A.
    http://ohiopurewater.com/shop/customer/home.php
    Tax free and no shipping.
    Good luck to you.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    These were installed by Exxon years ago. 1998 ish. There was a gas station that had a gas leak but has been closed up some some time now. I was told by neighbors that they change one out a year ($500) and rotate the order. Well was tested and was all good. No traces of anything harmful.

The pump appears to be a squareD pump trol then into a 33 gallon pro flex 2 tank. I have a ph- neutralizer tank then a tank marked wm-56tcuf-32 with a dial mounted on top. Then the three carbon filters an a salt tank

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013
    My parents and I both use Caswell Testing and Pump services. I'm guessing you're in the Jacksonville area so they are close by in Jarrestville. They should be able to help you out.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    These were installed by Exxon years ago. 1998 ish. There was a gas station that had a gas leak but has been closed up some some time now. I was told by neighbors that they change one out a year ($500) and rotate the order. Well was tested and was all good. No traces of anything harmful.

The pump appears to be a squareD pump trol then into a 33 gallon pro flex 2 tank. I have a ph- neutralizer tank then a tank marked wm-56tcuf-32 with a dial mounted on top. Then the three carbon filters an a salt tank

So you are in Fallston/Forest Hill/Baldwin? Exxon should be taking care of them if your home was in the envelope.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    My parents and I both use Caswell Testing and Pump services. I'm guessing you're in the Jacksonville area so they are close by in Jarrestville. They should be able to help you out.

I use Randy at Caswell for all of my real estate clients. Very honest and reasonable.

RIGGS

Apr 20, 2013
    Baldwin
    So you are in Fallston/Forest Hill/Baldwin? Exxon should be taking care of them if your home was in the envelope.

Baldwin, Exxon has money and had stopped water delivery and all testing. Basically have washed there hands clean at his point

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Baldwin, Exxon has money and had stopped water delivery and all testing. Basically have washed there hands clean at his point

If your water tested fine now, I am willing to bet you will be good to go. Most of the homes they put the systems in didn't even need them.

I am well versed (pun intended) in filtration and water quality and have helped multiple MDS members with issues in the past. I don't sell anything, so I have no vested interest in your test results.
    I will let you know:
    * What you need
    * What you don't need
    * What would be a good idea, but not necessary
    You can use this information as you see fit when dealing with commercial well companies.

I stopped helping the MDS community after a member paid me to install something and another member started bashing me for being an "unlicensed contractor". I have decided to resume helping fellow members with substantial posts. I will no longer perform any actual work on systems.

PM me and I'll give you a hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom