• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harris

Jul 20, 2014
    Thank you all!

I do understand that answering the same questions all the time becomes tiring.
    Having said this (and experienced it in other forums myself) this forum is the best source of information for folks in MD that are new to this - if the answer is an easy ones please excuse it and share your knowledge.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Probably just about every single question has been asked at one point on these boards. Are you saying we should just shut down the boards to new posts and just make it an archive site?

No but common sense and a bit of detective work isn't too much to ask is it? It's not like he wants to know which caliber is better 9mm, 45 ACP or fotay.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Purchase legally in a border state and bring it on home to play

Border state has nothing to do with anything.

At least since 1986.

Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 removed the adjacent state restriction.

So you can buy any long gun in any state, as long as the same meets the laws of the state that the transaction occurs and the state of residence of the buyer. So no MD banned firearms in another state.

Handguns must be transferred in the state where the buyer is a resident, except for active duty military who can also purchase in the state they are PCS to..

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Talking about mags, not guns. I'm sure he meant "border state" simply as "there's no reason to drive further... just cross the border."

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It would have been less effort to just say yes. :rolleyes:

Someone who found out that mags over 10 rounds are now illegal could/should also be able to find out about possessing those mags. Most likely from the same source they found out that they are now illegal after 10.1

Also, these are questions of the trolls (maybe not the OP) to just start and elicit such time consuming threads.

Harris

Jul 20, 2014
    No common sense....hmmm, what is a fotay???...shall I do a search???

Just joking folks, I appreciate the answers and the healthy criticism.
    At the end of the day we are all on the same team here.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No common sense....hmmm, what is a fotay???...shall I do a search???

Just joking folks, I appreciate the answers and the healthy criticism.
    At the end of the day we are all on the same team here.

It's a tough room sometimes. You'll do just fine. :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Someone who found out that mags over 10 rounds are now illegal could/should also be able to find out about possessing those mags. Most likely from the same source they found out that they are now illegal after 10.1

Also, these are questions of the trolls (maybe not the OP) to just start and elicit such time consuming threads.

Although, you will find a number of people who believe the prohibition against over 10 round mags, includes possession.

Even some gun stores think that.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    It's a tough room sometimes. You'll do just fine. :D

Pretty much all the time. lol

I meant to reply to this thread a while ago, but got side tracked. It was this site where I figured out that I could go to another state, purchase the mag, bring it across state lines, and it was just fine. Of course, I never really read the law in its entirety either until December 2012 when I ordered a bunch of 20 round mags before the entire craze hit. Mind you, I'm an attorney and it isn't the easiest thing in the world to keep all these gun laws straight. It has got to be overwhelming for the layman gun owner, especially since the target always seems to be moving.

Also, this site isn't always search friendly. No idea why, but I get some crazy results sometimes when I search for a thread that I know exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom