• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Wow, kind of refreshing to see a tax be put to proper use. Here in Md. they steal from the Save the Bay, Pittman-Robertson, Pension system and anything else they can use to fund their agendas. Look at the increase in the Bay Bridge toll, have you driven across that piece of crap lately? I remember back in 2000 watching the latino workers throw bottles off the work platforms while we were fishing. I swear the same guys are still working on the same friggin parts of the bridge yet it continues to deteriorate. Rant complete

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wow, kind of refreshing to see a tax be put to proper use. Here in Md. they steal from the Save the Bay, Pittman-Robertson, Pension system and anything else they can use to fund their agendas. Look at the increase in the Bay Bridge toll, have you driven across that piece of crap lately? I remember back in 2000 watching the latino workers throw bottles off the work platforms while we were fishing. I swear the same guys are still working on the same friggin parts of the bridge yet it continues to deteriorate. Rant complete

The increased tolls are primarily to pay for mass transit and the Inter County Connector both of which have been financial boondoggles for Maryland. Other than that, MD has raided the so-called Highway Trust Fund to make up general revenue shortfalls

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The increased tolls are primarily to pay for mass transit and the Inter County Connector both of which have been financial boondoggles for Maryland. Other than that, MD has raided the so-called Highway Trust Fund to make up general revenue shortfalls

Hasn't it raided the education fund, which is locked with a key, to make up general fund shortfalls.

Going to be some serious raiding here pretty soon with a $1,000,000,000 budget shortfall, or they could raise taxes, or they could cut spending. Me, I'm going with raiding and raising as most likely.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How does the NFL get away without being taxed? WPost Sorry if duplicate.

They provide a series of necessary distractions. Also, the teams are owned by very wealthy individuals, who have paid plenty for access to the right Rolodexes.

We the People must have our bread and circuses. Those in power understand how to remain in power, and to reap the rewards.

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    yeah... i still wonder where the tax money goes myself.... I95 in baltimore seems to be where they bury it....

Not that well thought out piece of asphalt that will take one a total of 5 miles past the White Marsh gridlock to the tunnel gridlock at the amazingly low price of ???????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom