• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks for the clarification.
    So you can for example purchase a long gun that is allowed in Maryland in Texas?

So for example you can loan a gun to member of your family in another state?
    How does this stack up under the current handgun licensing.

Don't you mean a family member from out of state to use here in state (maryland)?

Wouldn't the laws of the state in which that family member resides dictate if they can use/borrow a firearm loaned to them in that state?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Don't you mean a family member from out of state to use here in state (maryland)?

Wouldn't the laws of the state in which that family member resides dictate if they can use/borrow a firearm loaned to them in that state?

Yes to the fist question.
    So it's a states issue not a federal one.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks for the clarification.
    So you can for example purchase a long gun that is allowed in Maryland in Texas?

So for example you can loan a gun to member of your family in another state?
    How does this stack up under the current handgun licensing.

Yes, as long as the sale is legal in TX and MD.

Yes, but there is the issue of how to get it to them. :)

Most shippers require that one end of the shipping be to a licensee (FFL). So only way would be to go there with it, or them to come here and take it back. But only for a loan, a sale or gift (transfer of ownership) needs to go through an FFL.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    You can purchase as long as it's a border state and not restricted or regulated by your state of residence.
    You cannot gift a firearm without an FFL to someone who resides in a different state.
    You cannot loan someone a firearm who lives outside your state of residence unless they are there with you and only for sporting purposes.

Are you certain? I went to Freedom Armory (a border state) and they advised me that they would have to transfer to a MD FFL to compelte the sale.

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    Are you certain? I went to Freedom Armory (a border state) and they advised me that they would have to transfer to a MD FFL to compelte the sale.

If the firearm is a handgun or pre-ban regulated long gun, then yes it would need transferred to a MD FFL to complete the sale. If the firearm is a non-regulated long gun, then the sale can be completed by any FFL in any state that allows it.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Well at least I know that some of the FFLs are ignorant of the law and need to be challenged.
    I tried to order ammo the other day and they required my Maryland FID card. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom