• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've had good luck with RCBS Carbide dies for the calibers I load alot of.

For the pistol's, the Lee carbide have done fine for me so far. The .45acp carbides get a work out when I have enough supplies on hand.

For rifle, I've been using the Hornady Custom and have no complaints.

The 50, still using the Lee's - just have to be cautious of having an appropriate amount of lube on them, or the casing will stick.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Actually, I've been having trouble getting H-335 to meter consistently. Had to turn to the trickler.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yep, stuff it.. lol

I have no issue metering H335, load a 55gr ZMax at 25.3gr and it shoots minute of groundhog head all day.. ;)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yep, stuff it.. lol

I have no issue metering H335, load a 55gr ZMax at 25.3gr and it shoots minute of groundhog head all day.. ;)

Even with the Lee disks on the pro-1000, it throws dead-on at 25.1gr every time for me.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Even with the Lee disks on the pro-1000, it throws dead-on at 25.1gr every time for me.

:thumbsup: H335 is like water on the 650XL. It's scary how consistent the charges are.

Found 25.5gr to perform flawlessly across the board in several of my AR's. (14.5, 16 and 20")

I shot a lot more (and had more fun) when I used to go to Myrtle Grove every weekend with the regulars. Now that I pay a premium for Sanners Lake, I hardly ever go. Too many club events on the weekends.

I do miss sitting down at the grove and trying new load recipes every weekend. I have a M1A and a Rem700 that need .308 load development. Is it still busy as hell there on weekends since SCSC shut down it's ranges? Guess I should post this stuff in the MG thread.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I would venture to say, if a powder measure has trouble with H-335, the fault lies in the powder measure. It is freaky consistent in my Dillon RL550B as well.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :thumbsup: H335 is like water on the 650XL. It's scary how consistent the charges are.

Found 25.5gr to perform flawlessly across the board in several of my AR's. (14.5, 16 and 20")

I shot a lot more (and had more fun) when I used to go to Myrtle Grove every weekend with the regulars. Now that I pay a premium for Sanners Lake, I hardly ever go. Too many club events on the weekends.

I do miss sitting down at the grove and trying new load recipes every weekend. I have a M1A and a Rem700 that need .308 load development. Is it still busy as hell there on weekends since SCSC shut down it's ranges? Guess I should post this stuff in the MG thread.

During the week, it isn't too bad - some days are better than others.

Weekend is still hit/miss, but with the weather starting to turn - it should be a bit easier to grab a table. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom