• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    What kind of physical fitness and education is required to be MCPD? Ah, found it.

Exercise capacity of 12 METS (10 min) as measured on an exercise treadmill utilizing BRUCE protocol with a target heart rate of 90% maximum heart rate adjusted for age

I don't even know what that means.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    What kind of physical fitness and education is required to be MCPD? Ah, found it.

I don't even know what that means.

The ability to burn oxygen. A measure of fitness in aerobic exercise.

The MET unit reflects the resting volume oxygen consumption per minute (VO2) for a 70-kg, 40-year-old man, with 1 MET equivalent to 3.5 mL/min/kg of body weight.

Iow there is a speed and incline you have to reach on the treadmill.

The formula is simple ;-)

Oxygen utilization (ml/kg/min) = (mph x 2.68) + (1.8 x 26.82 x mph x grade/100) + 3.5.

13 MET is 4.2mph on a 16% incline for 3minutes.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    12 METs should be easy for a young, healthy male. If you are overweight, or do not exercise regularly the 12 METs might put you above the 90% target heart rate threshold but I don't know if they care as much about that as long as you can maintain the MET standard for the time required, or simply hit it. The Bruce protocol on the treadmill is designed to get a person to a high heart rate relatively quickly to screen folks in a time efficient manner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2011
    We just got hit with 2 million in required cuts. Looks like an upcoming class is being cancelled or delayed. The treadmill test isn't too bad. It equates to something like 4.2 mph for ten minutes on a 10% incline without going over 90% max heart rate.

Aug 19, 2011
    Fredneck, MD
    We just got hit with 2 million in required cuts. Looks like an upcoming class is being cancelled or delayed. The treadmill test isn't too bad. It equates to something like 4.2 mph for ten minutes on a 10% incline without going over 90% max heart rate.

Huh. I heard the next session was supposed to be tiny to begin with. Maybe they decided it wasn't worth it? When I went through PSTA there were 75 other candidates to distract the instructors from my incompetence. Couldn't imagine being in a class of 20. But maybe that was just scuttlebutt

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    As to the educational requirements, I believe that they require a minimum of 60 credits.

60 credits and they are pretty lenient. I got a ton of credit that transferred from my military time to UMUC. The credits were on the UMUC transcript, and Moco accepted that. I think the recruiter even say they don't care where they come from, just as long as they are on an official transcript.

I was all set to go through with it all but then the fact that I would be taking a 50% paycut and I have two kids hit me, and I balked out. :sign07: I will probably regret not doing it, but gotta do whats right for the family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom