• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ended up scratching my KeyMod rail when I installed a new flash hider. Is there a product that I can apply that will cover and seal the scratch ?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Black sharpie will cover it up, may have to wait for it to dry and re-coat, but it's cheap and I'm sure you have one around.

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    I'm interested in this too. I scratched the first lower I built and I bought the Birchwood Casey cover up pen and they come off everytime you clean it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    That rail isn't going to rust, the aluminum receiver parts won't rust, either. I just painted my guns FDE and that covered any scratches on my ARs.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Cas...9501&sr=8-1&keywords=birchwood+aluminum+black

You wipe it on and it'll pretty instantly turn black before your eyes. It's similar to the cold blue stuff you put on steel.

Of course the other mindset is, guns are tools...tools are meant to be used...when tools are used they get scratches and dings...those scratches and dings are character.

thanks..... im just pissed I have not even shot this rifle yet and its already been scratched

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Testors paint pen. We use them at work to retouch hardware and any scratches from handling/R&R. The first ding on my Armalite .308 I grumbled for a moment (right on the case deflector), after that I said oh well and kept on emptying the magazine :)

Boar13A

Nov 19, 2014
    http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Cas...9501&sr=8-1&keywords=birchwood+aluminum+black

You wipe it on and it'll pretty instantly turn black before your eyes. It's similar to the cold blue stuff you put on steel.

Of course the other mindset is, guns are tools...tools are meant to be used...when tools are used they get scratches and dings...those scratches and dings are character.

I agree! I have scratched several builds and yea it can be an eye sore but in the end if it is a "battle rifle" it only adds to the character

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Went to a local gun store and decided to pick up Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Metal Finish

BEFORE :

AFTER:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom