• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    What if?

What if we donate guns or ammo for a charity auction? Is that treated differently than a raffle? Got a brick or two of 22lr and others for the cause if it can be done.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    A question relating to the HQL, its mandatory fingerprinting, and the Constitution just crossed my mind:

What would the liberal response be if someone proposed that the general population -- everyone in the USA -- undergo mandatory fingerprinting, for either or both of the following reasons:

1. To conduct checks with criminal databases to see whose fingerprints match previously unidentified prints at unsolved crime scenes; and

2. To create a database of the entire population for comparison with future crime scenes.

Oh, and btw, everyone would have to pay for their own fingerprinting.

Anyone think the Democrats and ACLU wouldn't be all over that, screaming that the Nazi's and Gestapo have taken control of America?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Edit: But require voter i.d. at the polls, and that's an outrageous and unconstitutional imposition.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm thinking you'd be shocked at the number of people who would be 100% good with the idea.

You'd be shocked at the number of people who think microchipping their kids is a good idea.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    You'd be shocked at the number of people who think microchipping their kids is a good idea.

The Nazis could have saved a lot of ink if there had been microchips back then.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I had heated discussions with who ever it is at MSI that runs their Facebook page. Instead of continuing the discussions, they made excuses why they couldn't or wouldn't do certain things that would possibly help the situation. They blocked me from posting and therefore I have come to the conclusion that MSI would rather take people's money and do nothing else. I didn't know about the non disclosure issue, or the fact that they have not once but twice been cited for failure to report. That's potentially criminal...so tell me again why people are so open to supporting them? Are they really working to help you or are they taking your money knowing that their "efforts" will never get the results Marylanders desire? Because we know one thing for fact...IF Maryland ever were to get s SHALL ISSUE ruling...MSI would not longer be needed....

Heated discussion ??? See below ...

MSI does not block people on FB who disagree. We only block people who consistantly insult people, consistantly threaten violence or other consistant patterns of behavior.

If you got blocked it wasn't because we didn't want to discusss it, it was because you consistantly did one of the above things.

As far as I can tell he hasn't been blocked. His Facebook name has been omitted from his comments below ...

Commenter

Apr 2nd, 3:20pm
    What ever happened to the proposal of the HQL as a CCW permit ?
    From what I understand there is more personal information researched for the HQL then a CCW ?
    On a personal note I hate Maryland, moved here for work. I'm from VA and it's like living on another planet.
    Thank you for all you do, never stop, never surrender.
    Thanks

2nd Amendment Resource Room

Apr 2nd, 3:25pm
    Unfortunatly it ended up in the same place the proposal to eliminate the 7 day waiting period (since the HQLs are routinly checked to ensure people are still eligable) went.

Thank you!

2nd Amendment Resource Room

Apr 2nd, 3:26pm
    The HQL suit is an immediate issue. We only have a short window to file it and get it funded. CCW is more a long term battle, but winning our HQL suit will definitely help 'grease the skids'.

Commenter

Apr 2nd, 3:33pm
    This 7-8 day waiting period is absolute bs. I have a HQL and actually I don't care about that now, it's the waiting period and the fact that MD is a shall Not issue state. I was extremely reluctant to get the HQL but a won a pistol and had to get it or loose a Colt 1911. Isn't it kinda a late to file a suite against the HQL ?

Commenter

Apr 2nd, 3:48pm
    Sorry don't mean to sound like a complete ass, but the HQL law suit is great for those few that didn't get one but it's not like those of us who do will be reimbursed for our time and money.
    Good luck I wish you nothing but success.
    Thanks for your time.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If those dicks at MSI would just get up off their asses, the HQL would magically turn into a carry permit. It's easy, they just don't want to do anything but take people's money.

If and when MD gets CCW, MSI will still be needed. We will be fighting TPM restrictions for years.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I had heated discussions with who ever it is at MSI that runs their Facebook page. Instead of continuing the discussions, they made excuses why they couldn't or wouldn't do certain things that would possibly help the situation. They blocked me from posting and therefore I have come to the conclusion that MSI would rather take people's money and do nothing else. I didn't know about the non disclosure issue, or the fact that they have not once but twice been cited for failure to report. That's potentially criminal...so tell me again why people are so open to supporting them? Are they really working to help you or are they taking your money knowing that their "efforts" will never get the results Marylanders desire? Because we know one thing for fact...IF Maryland ever were to get s SHALL ISSUE ruling...MSI would not longer be needed....

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this about MSI

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You think what about MSI? That it's only purpose is self-existence to take in donations to enrich itself? Surely the board members must be in on it if they are skimming the donations ... you know folks like teratos (physician), esqappellate (attorney), Patrick (attorney), EL1227 ... or past board members like Mr. H ... these folks that you interact with on MDS daily. These guys volunteer their time to MSI; time that could be spent on family, hobbies, or making money. You don't think that these folks are idealistic in the least, and engaged in a fight for 2A rights?

I personally am either lazy or manage my time less well than these folks, as my primary contribution is through money to 2A organizations like MSI, NRA-ILA, and SAF, or entities that indirectly support these rights by fostering a 2A community (like MDS -but they're probably ripping you off too - if you donate anything beyond cynicism to the board). I am thankful that there are folks like teratos, esqappellate, Patrick, EL1227, Mr. H, Minuteman, Jacqueline, MxRider, and many many other board and executive members who voluntarily contribute their time and energies to fight for our 2A rights and act as overseers for the investment of monies that MSI brings in to support these efforts.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Didn't everyone get the memo? All MSI Executive Members and up have been getting free golden bedpans since donations have been rolling in.
    Life's so convenient now.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Glad I am not the only one who thinks this about MSI

MSI has been around a LONG time. Just look at the MDS membership date and number of posts that Norton has made, not to mention those who have come before him. I remember when I first joined and wore an MSI lapel pin to the Annapolis gun show at the Armory. Many naysayers derided me with comments like 'it'll NEVER happen'. While that may have been a true statement at the time, I can't imagine where we would be if it weren't for MSI and their 2A comrades in arms; AGC, and MSRPA.

If you're looking for instant gratification, you've picked the wrong fight. After all, this is The People's Republic of Maryland. Our battles are won in inches and are constant. Choose to donate to MSI, or any other MD 2A org in the fight against the HQL, but donate. Taking shots at MSI's efforts is counter-productive to our cause.

As far as your like-minded-ness with Muleskinner, refer to my comments HERE:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom