• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Stemmer’s Run Rifle and Pistol Club will be hosting Steel Bowling Pin and Dueling Tree Shoot at AGC on April 30th, 2016 starting at noon. Sign up starts around 11:30AM

:draw:The Rimfire Dueling Tree is a blast to shoot :draw: The competition is fierce, but fun...

Terri and I will be doing the cooking. We'll have hot dogs and hamburgers with all the fixings. Lunch includes chips and a drink. We just ask for a donation to cover the cost of the food.

You don't need to be a member of Stemmers or AGC to shoot. Bowling Pin Shoot is open to the public.

I don’t run the Bowling Pin Shoots, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them. If I don’t know the answer, I will find out. I will update the post once I have more info. We hope to see you there.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Dueling Tree Shoot Feedback

We're in the process of setting up Dueling Tree Shoots.

Looking for some feedback. Who might interested in these shoots. Please post any suggests you might have or ideas.

Dueling Tree Rules
    1. 22LR Ammo Only
    2. 2 Magazines
    3. 10 rounds of ammo in each magazine
    4. 20 seconds per match (10 seconds for shoot-off match)
    5. The match is concluded when one side of the dueling tree is completely cleared, both shooters are out of ammo or time has expired.
    6. Staff will call either “winner right” or “winner left”
    7. In the event that both shooters run out of ammo, and or time has expired, the shooter with the fewest targets wins.
    8. In the event of a tie a shoot-off will take place. Shooters will have one magazine and 10 rounds of ammo, winner moves on.
    9. If the shooter experiences a malfunction they can either clear it safely and continue or forfeit the match.
    10. Staff will call either “winner right” or “winner left”

Dueling Tree Elimination and Brackets
    $10.00 per shooter.
    Double elimination with even or odd numbers of shooters in a bracket.
    If we have an odd number of shooters, some will get a bye in the first round.
    Bracket will be set by shooters picking a number at random.
    50/50 pot

Thanks for the help.

jac.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Rimfire rifle?

Sorry no. We're not doing any rifle shoots. Maybe in the future.

We host a Steel Bowling Pin Shoots once a month at AGC for Center-Fire and Rim-Fire handguns only. We're working on adding a dueling tree shoot with double elimination brackets.

jac

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    We're in the process of setting up Dueling Tree Shoots.

Looking for some feedback. Who might interested in these shoots. Please post any suggests you might have or ideas.

Dueling Tree Rules

1. 22LR Ammo Only

2. 2 Magazines

3. 10 rounds of ammo in each magazine

4. 20 seconds per match (10 seconds for shoot-off match)

5. The match is concluded when one side of the dueling tree is completely cleared, both shooters are out of ammo or time has expired.

6. Staff will call either “winner right” or “winner left”

7. In the event that both shooters run out of ammo, and or time has expired, the shooter with the fewest targets wins.

8. In the event of a tie a shoot-off will take place. Shooters will have one magazine and 10 rounds of ammo, winner moves on.

9. If the shooter experiences a malfunction they can either clear it safely and continue or forfeit the match.

10. Staff will call either “winner right” or “winner left”

Dueling Tree Elimination and Brackets

$10.00 per shooter.

Double elimination with even or odd numbers of shooters in a bracket.

If we have an odd number of shooters, some will get a bye in the first round.

Bracket will be set by shooters picking a number at random.

50/50 pot

Thanks for the help.

jac.

Should be fun!!

Wess

Jul 24, 2013
    College Park
    Hope to attend

I am really looking to make this event, any do's and dont's for a first time attendee. May just go as a spectator.

Wess

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I am really looking to make this event, any do's and dont's for a first time attendee. May just go as a spectator.

Wess

Be safe, relax and have fun. Best tip I can give is don't rush. You have 30 seconds to knock down six plates. If you don't miss and still take your time chances are you'll do better than having to reload and rushing.

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    I plan to attend. To the newbies, just show up with your gear. There is nothing to be afraid of. Just follow the safety officer instructions and your own safety knowledge and everything else is just fun.

Gear: Eyes (wrap around protection is suggested, there is some splash back), ears, sidearms, mags, ammo, gear bag, cash. Optional are mag holster, chairs, shade, suntan lotion, snack, water, etc. Typical day outside stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom