• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is it me or did a few things change recently? Looks like the over all view has changed some, larger/more space between threads and now I'm noticing as you scroll down a page there's a little black arrow in the bottom left corner that will scroll you back to the top.

All things designed to improve mobile connectivity with the forum

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ...now I'm noticing as you scroll down a page there's a little black arrow in the bottom left corner that will scroll you back to the top.

I sure hope that won't be permanent. It is really annoying, and I can't make it go away. It blocks part of the screen - a very large part of the box I'm typing this in, in fact.
    I don't see any real advantage to it- if I want to go back to the top I can scroll up just as easily as I can scroll down.

It annoying, obtrusive, and unnecessary. Can it be eliminated?

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Not that anyone cares but I cannot stand having a smart phone and being forced to view a page as a mobile page. What's the point of having a fully capable phone if places won't let you use it?

SMH

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    I sure hope that won't be permanent. It is really annoying, and I can't make it go away. It blocks part of the screen - a very large part of the box I'm typing this in, in fact.
    I don't see any real advantage to it- if I want to go back to the top I can scroll up just as easily as I can scroll down.

It annoying, obtrusive, and unnecessary. Can it be eliminated?

With IOS tapping the top of the screen takes you to the top. Pretty sure android also has that feature built in. Try touching the top of the screen and if it doesn't go up tap it again. Petty much where the address bar is.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    With IOS tapping the top of the screen takes you to the top. Pretty sure android also has that feature built in. Try touching the top of the screen and if it doesn't go up tap it again. Petty much where the address bar is.

I have no problem getting to the top or the bottom.

I want that useless annoying black blob to be GONE.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Overall the responsive design is nice. Mobile viewing is definitely enhanced.

Size of user information vs. post body is off when phone is rotated horizontally. Probably an artifact of bootstrap - my location isn't wrapping, but pushing the width of the column out. Also, the right justified usernames in vertical mobile view is kind of strange.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Not that anyone cares but I cannot stand having a smart phone and being forced to view a page as a mobile page. What's the point of having a fully capable phone if places won't let you use it?

SMH
    This times 100. It used to be that I could change the user agent and have the browser seen as a desktop. Now most sites ignore the settings and force mobile view on you even if the browser requests desktop mode. Pisses me off. :mad54:

Unlike a few other responders, I actually like the arrow though.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    PM Issue.
    I just sent a PM to a user and I noticed that on the screen, where you type the title for you PM, it is only about 3 characters wide. It allowed me to type my entire title, it just scrolled off that area.

As a matter of fact, that window is so small I didn't see it until I tried to send the PM and it said I needed to add a title.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Looks like y'all dun did somethin'. Info under a poster's name is appearin' on my phone again.

The images in your signature, Sling, appear HUGE on my screen. I don't think that's the way you wanted it.

I think something changed, and I don't think it was my Firefox.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    This is an example what is coming up for all of the images in folks signatures.

Attachments

• bigsigpics.jpg
      bigsigpics.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 385

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Pretty sure my phone has a mole. Not sure what that arrow you speak of is.

Here it is, circled neatly in red. It's covering up the word "it" at the end of the line.

It doesn't look so bad in this desktop image, although it is annoying, distracting, and utterly useless.

But it DOMINATES the image on my phone, and blocks a large area of the "reply to thread" box. That caused me to make several typos yesterday, and when I tried to move the reply box from underneath the Unmoving Floating Blob, I was twice involuntarily jumped to the page top.

That thing is terrible on my phone, and offers no advantage that I can see.
    Why can it not be eliminated?

Attachments

• Black Blob.jpg
      Black Blob.jpg
      63.1 KB · Views: 281

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    On my Macbook (chrome) I've noticed the page frame has gotten unnecessarily wider. The box where you type responses in is larger too.

Don't know about from on the phone browser since I still use the older Tapatalk. Which is perfect.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    If it ain't broke. Go ahead and fix it.

I learned that at another place and now from here.

Food for thought.

I use to go to a motorcycle forum a few times a day. It was a really active forum and a good place. Kinda like here. It was sold to a company who had good intentions. They did some minor changes kind of like this site is doing and made it pretty painful for using. I chit you not it was like cold turkey for half the members. Everyone moved to another forum that was a mirror of what the old one was before minor tweaks were made...

Right now my mobile experience sucks. Can't see post details can't even see who the last reply was. It's really dumbed down and the mole tops it off. Spacing is jacked up making for lots of wasted space.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If it ain't broke. Go ahead and fix it.

I learned that at another place and now from here.

Food for thought.

I use to go to a motorcycle forum a few times a day. It was a really active forum and a good place. Kinda like here. It was sold to a company who had good intentions. They did some minor changes kind of like this site is doing and made it pretty painful for using. I chit you not it was like cold turkey for half the members. Everyone moved to another forum that was a mirror of what the old one was before minor tweaks were made...

Right now my mobile experience sucks. Can't see post details can't even see who the last reply was. It's really dumbed down and the mole tops it off. Spacing is jacked up making for lots of wasted space.

and it's been a grand total of 48 hours that we've been working in this. If your experience in that limited time is enough to convince you to move on, then your connection to this community isn't that strong to begin with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom