• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    I ended up having a member here offer me his at a great price. Came with a Kel Tec quad rail and was basically new in the box. MDS come through again.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    my buddy just got his sub2k melonited.

Seems like an extravagant use of money for a barrel that's going to be shooting pistol ammo, but hey whatever.

He also got a ruger police carbine done at the same time, as well as a few garand barrels and some m14 mag bodies and floor plates. I guess it's cheaper to do it by lot? Anyways, everything came back looking amazing and slicker than motor oil on polished glass.

Jesus, I was a believer in nitriding before, but holy cow.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    Come see me in Annapolis 2/14/15. I have not been acknowledged as an IP here after many requests so to date I am not allowed to advertise, but I do all the Maryland shows.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I ended up having a member here offer me his at a great price. Came with a Kel Tec quad rail and was basically new in the box. MDS come through again.

Youll like it, I actually just found an extra (ok it was the one that goes with my Sig .40 in the closet :) ) funny how easy these are to store. Id love to pick up one for my BOB and one to tuck away in a tall ammo can at my cabin if they ever really come down in price. That said, probably just end up buying a crappy Hipoint or something.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    So is it safe to assume that finding one with the Glock 40 mags would be harder to find than a unicorn?

I have one. If it's that rare, $1000 and it's anyone's who wants it. Otherwise, I do love that damn gun.

Just let the IPs know you're looking and they'll keep an eye out. They're hard to get but I *THINK* the grips are interchangeable so if you get a 9mm of ______ you should just be able to get the right grip. No idea of the validity of the above statement, I think I read it on the internet.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have one. If it's that rare, $1000 and it's anyone's who wants it. Otherwise, I do love that damn gun.

Just let the IPs know you're looking and they'll keep an eye out. They're hard to get but I *THINK* the grips are interchangeable so if you get a 9mm of ______ you should just be able to get the right grip. No idea of the validity of the above statement, I think I read it on the internet.

Everything but Glock mag versions are interchangeable with a new release button. Glock mag versions are special and required a specific grip to work with the Sub2k.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    You may start seeing used ones pop up for sale more often. Kel-tec announced a Gen2 version of the Sub2000 at SHOT.

SUB-2000 Gen2 Changes:

• Front sight accepts AR-15 front sight posts, is adjustable for windage and elevation, and removes to expose 1/2×28 barrel threads on 9mm versions and 9/16×24 on .40 S&W.
    • New handguard with top and bottom rails plus Magpul M-LOK slots on the sides
    • 40% larger ejection port
    • More ergonomic grip
    • 3-position adjustable buttstock
    • More sling attachment options
    • When folded, it’s locked on the picatinny rail rather than the front sight post
    • Addition of version for M&P magazines
    • Better safety detent
    • Production volume up from 200-300 per week to 500-700 units
    • MSRP $450-$500

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    You may start seeing used ones pop up for sale more often. Kel-tec announced a Gen2 version of the Sub2000 at SHOT.

SUB-2000 Gen2 Changes:

• Front sight accepts AR-15 front sight posts, is adjustable for windage and elevation, and removes to expose 1/2×28 barrel threads on 9mm versions and 9/16×24 on .40 S&W.
    • New handguard with top and bottom rails plus Magpul M-LOK slots on the sides
    • 40% larger ejection port
    • More ergonomic grip
    • 3-position adjustable buttstock
    • More sling attachment options
    • When folded, it’s locked on the picatinny rail rather than the front sight post
    • Addition of version for M&P magazines
    • Better safety detent
    • Production volume up from 200-300 per week to 500-700 units
    • MSRP $450-$500

so street price will be $800-$1000 :innocent0

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I paid $425 for a new one last summer, no tax, $15 shipping, plus transfer $, and $3 for the mag release to convert from 92FS to P226. Took a while to find it, so I felt really bad when it fell over board when I was fishing one day. Came from a Veteran owned shop in Florida. He had several, but said availability from the wholesalers was hit or miss.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Got mine at Engage last summer. Makes the perfect accessory to my 3 Glock 9mm's and numerous 17-33 round mags. Many IP's post them when they have them. I called and gave my credit card over the phone. Awesome guys at Engage.

That's where I got mine. They just took me at my word and I showed up a day or two later with cash. GREAT guys there.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Gen2 version fixes SOME of the things that drove me insane about the first version, so I'm kinda thinking about grabbing a Glock 17 version for lolz. It's a good gun for me to lend out to friends for range trips, since it's completely incapable of firing when folded and doesn't have much kick.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Read the Truth article. They're running 3 shifts a day x 5 days a week. So...no one there wants to earn overtime? Or are their margins so slim they can't afford OT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom