• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    For $7 I'm willing to go to the range and load them up and shoot with my regular shooting. I dont see it as "extra" rounds but the potential to be irritated while shooting.

I just rather not spend 90-100 on 3 mags when I could use that to buy more ammo or use it to buy parts to a needs built ar.

I might just go and buy a 10 rounder and see how it fairs. If it works Ill have to figure out how to get the 17 rounder.

For 7 dollars and a little fluff&buff its worth it. Tons of loaded mags = more time shooting :D

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Only problem I've ever really had was the magazine (KCI) wouldn't fall free like the Factory ones. It made for an embarrassing moment in the middle of a class doing one handed drills.

For the range I can't fault anyone for saving a few bucks, but I would never use them for carry or SD. When the KCI's were $5 they were hard to turn down. Wish I sold them during the craze, but for the range, they'll do.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I do. How else would you properly vet your carry mags/ammo? :cool:

Yeah.
    I don't know. Maybe I have been looking at the thread differently. Instead of seeing " I fell into the cheap price, bought a few and might as well use them at the range anyway", I was seeing " I don't want to ruin my good Glock mags so that they will work when carried for my self defense rig".

Carry on :)

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Yeah.
    I don't know. Maybe I have been looking at the thread differently. Instead of seeing " I fell into the cheap price, bought a few and might as well use them at the range anyway", I was seeing " I don't want to ruin my good Glock mags so that they will work when carried for my self defense rig".

Carry on :)

Increased air pressure over long periods of time does that to you I guess :D

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I actually just finished loading some of my Glock mags....and this isn't even all of them. There's at least 3-4 missing from this pic.

Attachments

• gmags.jpg
      gmags.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 211

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    botach has four packs for $90 and free shipping, so under $23/mag. they've (botach) been hit or miss with me, but normally good with basic stuff like glock mags.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Why is it that glock mags are so darn exp. Yes I think $25-30 for a mag is expensive.

I have seem them on cdnn for like $20 before.

Also lots of people knock the Korean ones, but they are pretty good. I have never had a failure to feed. I would not carry them edc, but for shtf I would be happy to have them

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    botach has four packs for $90 and free shipping, so under $23/mag. they've (botach) been hit or miss with me, but normally good with basic stuff like glock mags.

They also have a 5/$109.99 option right now. $21.99 per mag shipped is not terrible.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Have a bunch of kci mags. Just some molded plastic with metal reinforcement... Same as factory mags.

Plastic is nicer on factory mags; smoother and slides better on follower and magwell but nothing 30 seconds of fine sandpaper didn't completely sort out.

Sometimes the kci are a bit overmolded and the plastic could stand to be trimmed a bit (typically on the lips) but there's no magic here. Simple construction...plastic and metal.

Some guys prefer stock, that's cool, I do too for some stuff. But let's not act like there's some super secret magazine technology here that glock has a monopoly on...its injection molded plastic around a metal frame and glocks build quality is just better but nothing that can't be sorted out reliably by 90% of the adult population IMO.

Just my $.02

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've had nothing but issues with 3rd party Glock mags. When you need to take a file/milling bit to the back end of the mag, so it will so much as slide into the gun, that is a pretty big warning sign. In addition to that, most of the 15 round mags I picked up, would only hold 7-12 rounds. Never could get the full 15 in them.

Last edited:

Swearengen

Nov 13, 2012
    Baltimore Co.
    Anyone know of a shop that has 17rd Glock 17 mags in stock? I've been to X-ring, Cabela's, Miller's Gun Supply, Peacemaker, Sharpshooters, and Virginia Arms and have had no luck. Preferably with in 90 minutes of Baltimore.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Anyone know of a shop that has 17rd Glock 17 mags in stock? I've been to X-ring, Cabela's, Miller's Gun Supply, Peacemaker, Sharpshooters, and Virginia Arms and have had no luck. Preferably with in 90 minutes of Baltimore.

The NRA HQ Range at 11250 Waples Mill Rd, Fairfax, Virginia has them in stock for $26.99 ea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom