• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Looks like a few people who filed by eForm actually received their form 1 stamps in about 3 months. No word on form 4 though.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/410897_My_efiled_form_1_was_approved_in_3_months.html&page=3

Seeing that eForm access for people with trusts has only been running since August, I'm not sure how many immediately started using it. Since there were a lot of September submissions we should soon see whether this turn-time becomes a broader trend or not.

If this is the case I should hopefully be able to confirm a few approvals myself next month. Will post if it happens.

Final Tally
    Final stamps received 1/7, so that’s it for me. For those with pending apps, here were the turn-times involved:

Submitted 9/5, approved 12/9 - 94 days

Submitted 9/6, approved 12/6 - 91 days

Submitted 9/22, accepted 9/23, approved 12/30 - 98 days

Submitted 9/27, approved 1/7 - 102 days

Submitted 9/27, approved 1/7 - 102 days

Even subtracting five days for Christmas and the vacation time associated with it, turn-times increased slightly. I guess we’ll eventually see if that’s a blip or the beginning of a trend.

Last edited:

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I'll be pissed if that is true. I have have 2 Form 1's submitted in July and a form 4 from March tha I am still waiting for as of today.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Man, this could be great news. I've got a lower waiting on an eform I sent in just before 10/1.

I've also been dragging my feet on a sparrow purchase that I haven't sent in the packet on yet. Any idea if I can send that one online too? The purchase was made at a dealer locally.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Form 4 can definitely be done online. Since it's still a part of your dealer's inventory, he'd have to do it though.

At least that's what Gary Schaible at ATF said when I spoke to him about 2 months ago. He seems to be point of contact for most eForm questions.

Why not give your dealer a call, see if he's willing to do it? Don't see why he wouldn't if this gets it off his shelf a little faster.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Form 4 can definitely be done online. Since it's still a part of your dealer's inventory, he'd have to do it though.

At least that's what Gary Schaible at ATF said when I spoke to him about 2 months ago. He seems to be point of contact for most eForm questions.

Why not give your dealer a call, see if he's willing to do it? Don't see why he wouldn't if this gets it off his shelf a little faster.

I'll give them a call when I get out of here today. Thanks for the info.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Head's up it back up.

It does seem to randomly go down. Often. Usually comes back up pretty soon. In addition to the random drops ATF emailed a bulletin on 11/8 stating they'd be taking the system down for a restart everyday at 12pm EST.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Looks like the 3 month approvals were just a test of the eForm system and that they won't continue.

If I had to guess, I still think eForms will probably end up shaving some time off (b/c they go pending immediately, the data are pre-populated, fewer end-user data entry mistakes, easier for examiners to review). How much less? Who knows, maybe a month or two. Would need to know more about ATF's work-flow process to really make a decent guess.

So, false alarm for now.

Seems only right though. Like Klunatic said, there'd be a lot of ticked off people if eForm submissions just jumped ahead of everyone else.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    wow, just shot myself in the foot.

Was just checking my online submitted form 1. decided just to see if there were any errors, so if ever i get a correction sent back i can speed up the turn around time.

Everything looked good. so i exited out of the submitted form section. Then i see another form 1 in my draft section. I thought, weird i only worked on one and its already been submitted, so let me delete this duplicate. Welp, when i did that, it somehow ALSO deleted my Form 1 that I submitted back in september. FML, beyond blown how that was even possible.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    wow, just shot myself in the foot.

Was just checking my online submitted form 1. decided just to see if there were any errors, so if ever i get a correction sent back i can speed up the turn around time.

Everything looked good. so i exited out of the submitted form section. Then i see another form 1 in my draft section. I thought, weird i only worked on one and its already been submitted, so let me delete this duplicate. Welp, when i did that, it somehow ALSO deleted my Form 1 that I submitted back in september. FML, beyond blown how that was even possible.

Serious gut punch...that's the definition of a bad day. It's a long shot but I'd try emailing tech support help ("Ask the Experts" tab). Surprisingly they answer fast, with pretty competent answers. Last time I used it a rep replied on the weekend from his iPhone.

If you still have your original submission confirmation email, maybe they'll give you a hand.

Maybe the contractor who built Healthcare.gov sight built the BATFE sight too.

Wouldn't be surprised...

I've no idea how someone lets a site roll out like this. Slow, glitch filled...and has to be taken down daily...four months later...

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Serious gut punch...that's the definition of a bad day. It's a long shot but I'd try emailing tech support help ("Ask the Experts" tab). Surprisingly they answer fast, with pretty competent answers. Last time I used it a rep replied on the weekend from his iPhone.

If you still have your original submission confirmation email, maybe they'll give you a hand.

At this point, anything is worth a shot. I do keep a record of all important emails. Just submitted a question to them about what they can do for me, and included my permit/control number. Hopefully a retrieval of some sort can happen. If not, im SOL

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    It hasn't been up long at all so you didn't miss the boat by much. Give it a shot one day. Really easy process.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    To address my former posts. BATFE responded to my accidental deletion of my submitted form today.

Results, I didnt screw myself over. According to the bulletin 9/17, they know about that issue. Their solution is, dont delete the duplicate draft. BUT, if you do, it does not remove your form from their system. They only difference is, you now cant see your submitted form on your end. Since I saved the control number, I am not too worried about not seeing my submitted form on my end.

The only way to remove a form from their system is stated in their 11/8 bulletin. Basically a request to the BATFEe via letter/email asking for removal.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    How about that...

Your prize? Back in line for the long wait with the rest of us schlubs!

Glad it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom