• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longgunnewb

Textbook Libertarian
    Feb 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Looking to put hardwood flooring into the living room of our townhouse as well as our basement. The total square footage being approximately 450 sq feet plus a stairwell. Anyone do it or can you recommend me to someone?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I dont know crofton. How far are you from columbia? Close family friend who lives in cloumbia just had his floors done and the guy was great. I believe ths guy was from baltimore?

Ill ask for thd number.

longgunnewb

Textbook Libertarian
    Feb 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I dont know crofton. How far are you from columbia? Close family friend who lives in cloumbia just had his floors done and the guy was great. I believe ths guy was from baltimore?

Ill ask for thd number.

In between Glen Burnie, Bowie and Annapolis.

t3tech

Oct 15, 2007
    Elkton
    I'm co-owner of a flooring company. We do a lot of work in that area. If you wanna give us a call, Christine handles quotes and scheduling. 443-954-0294

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Use caution putting hardwood flooring in your basement. It's generally not recommended nor do I believe the mfg will warrant it.

Feb 28, 2013
    How would you even secure it? Do you have to build some kind of subfloor just to get it off the concrete so you can nail it?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    How would you even secure it? Do you have to build some kind of subfloor just to get it off the concrete so you can nail it?

Hardwood can be glued to concrete, but its only intended for concrete pads.

But you dont put hardwood below grade or on steps. For steps you need to do stair treads in the wood you want and then finish it the color you want.

EDIT: I once helped a friend who bought a house that had wood flooring in the basement. He had a smell and couldnt figure out what it was from. The previous owner had wood flooring put down. Whoever installed it put in a raised floor. The mold was awful. Reinforced the point to never put wood flooring in your below grade basement.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Tile it and get some throw rugs. Below grade wood floors is a bad idea. Get a nice 2x2 square of heavy plastic and duct tape 100% sealing it to the floor you want to cover. If in two weeks there is no moisture trapped under the plastic you may be ok for wood install. I still wouldn't though even if it came up dry.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Is refinishing expensive? For lack of terms, a lot of the "lengthwise grain" of the wood is pitted?

Depends? Figure $1.75-$3 a sf. Plus any extras such as shoe molding, repairs, # of coats of poly and the quality of the poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom