• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    MOA= minute of area

MOA= Middle of America

:lol2: Give the man a break. The last few times when I saw him at the range, he wore a blue work uniform with a PG County patch so he likely works for the County Gov't.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :lol2: Give the man a break. The last few times when I saw him at the range, he wore a blue work uniform with a PG County patch so he likely works for the County Gov't.

He's forever wearing his work clothes down there, it's SOP for Al. :innocent0

He actually isn't that bad of a shot, last time I shot with him he had a very respectable 3-shot group thru his bolt-gun with MY handloads. :innocent0

We give him hell cause we can, he knows we're joking.

SCAR - That sir, was freaking hilarious, I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything. :thumbsup:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Al's a good shot with rifles, Brad is right.. We mess with him, because we like him.

He also works with PG's finest. He works in the evenings and goes to the range before work.

He's an amateur gunsmith.. some of his creations are:
    HiPoint Designated markman Rifle with Al's super duper rail interface system.
    Zebra stripped high capacity 1911 aka Al's south of the border urban camo
    VZ58/2000 star wars carbine with custom stock, got more rails than amtrak
    Remington 597 sniper with disintegrating bolt( various models)
    AR, 22 conversion with burst feature, Limp-wrist bump firing model
    Universal 9mm carbine barrel, able to fire both 9x19 and 9x18.

I stopped watching Mythbusters.. Al is just more entertaining to watch:D:thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    HiPoint Designated markman Rifle with Al's super duper rail interface system. - Haven't seen that one yet.
    Zebra stripped high capacity 1911 aka Al's south of the border urban camo - Still have yet to see that one.
    VZ58/2000 star wars carbine with custom stock, got more rails than amtrak - Haven't seen/shot that one since he first got it.
    Remington 597 sniper with disintegrating bolt( various models) - I've been witness to a few that let go while shooting. :innocent0
    AR, 22 conversion with burst feature, Limp-wrist bump firing model - I thought he had a happy switch on that one? Either way I've witnessed him do a few bursts - intentionally and unintentionally. :lol2:
    Universal 9mm carbine barrel, able to fire both 9x19 and 9x18. - Now that I have not seen him do, but at this point it wouldn't really surprise me.

I have watched him take a .223 round that was bowed like a bow and chamber/fire it, handed the brass to me and said - See, good as new!

If Al had captions he'd be more fun than MythBuster's... :lol2:

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I was there yesterday with EPPS1919 and MDeng. even at noon I had to wait for a table. I had my pimptastic 10-22 and my switch barrel 22a. It was great when Perrin asked me if I could see a rock on the berm and I made it dance. He said it was like Crazy Al was there.

Attachments

• pimptastic 10-22.jpg
      pimptastic 10-22.jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 155

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    except the bayo lug has been ground off and the little circle in the stock has been filled, definetly a professional job on that and not a "bubba". What is that little circle for anyway?

There is a brass disc that goes in there. It has the armory details of the particular weapon. Doesn't make much sense unless you know the Swedish system, but it gives the measurements of the bore, the zero info, some other stuff. The Model 96 is a very nice rifle; I never really understood the appeal of Mosins at all, and most other surplus rifles seem rather dull and/or junky, but those 6.5's are rifles for shooting, not just trigger-pulling.

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    There is a brass disc that goes in there. It has the armory details of the particular weapon. Doesn't make much sense unless you know the Swedish system, but it gives the measurements of the bore, the zero info, some other stuff. The Model 96 is a very nice rifle; I never really understood the appeal of Mosins at all, and most other surplus rifles seem rather dull and/or junky, but those 6.5's are rifles for shooting, not just trigger-pulling.

Thaks Kinbote,
    We had trouble getting it on target but I'm sure if I spent a little time with it I could get the zero down. The trigger was probably the BEST surplus trigger I have ever touched, smooth single, stage no creep and light enough to make it a joy to shoot. It made me happy!
    Any idea what type of sling would be correct for this rifle? the guy who owns it would like to get something that is suppose to be on the rifle.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/swede_m38-m41b-m96.pdf

That is the translation of the manual for the M96/38/41; picture shows a pretty standard-looking leather sling. You can buy a repro one for an M14 or '03 Springfield or even a commercial leather rifle sling pretty easy and cut it down to fit that carbine, maybe modify it some to fit the rear sling attachment point; might be able to find an authentic sling online to fit that model. I have a friend who loves those Model 96's but I don't really know that much about their accoutrements. They are well-made weapons, though, no doubt of that.

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    I was there on the 4th...around 2:30...wish I was there today. cough* cough*

Ah well.

I need to get a budget spotting scope to sight this AR and I would like to sight my dad's .270. Any suggestions? I will try to make it back this weekend as long as there's a clear day and MORE ammo.

Have a good one fellas!

Hil

takoma

Roving Bandito
    Apr 30, 2011
    Washington, DC
    I'm going tomorrow morning to zero my new Savage Mk II / Muller APV. I have the permit but have never been down there. Say hi if you're there -- I'll be the newbie ;-)

passat4012

Feb 8, 2012
    Im planning on going tomorrow morning as well. I am taking my M&P40 out for the first time.
    I guess we will be the newbie's. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom