• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    not kidding vote the POF out . I would vote for Owe'Malley before smiegel

Wow, that surprises me. From what I have seen, Smigiel is a very strong 2A ally. What is your reason to not vote for him?
    BTW - Smigiel is on the (R) side, so not really a DINO topic

Any new on D46?

Just don't vote for the Democrat Incumbents in 46. We have no info on the other candidates, but plenty of anti-2A votes by the Incumbents

Last edited:

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I apologize if this was covered somewhere else, but why gansler? I understand there are no pro-gun democrat governor candidates but he's got a god awful track record. Is there some other reason I am overlooking?
    Yep, covered elsewhere - starting on post 327 here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366&page=17 , and maybe on other threads as well. Short answer is - the best from the group who has a shot to win the Primary. That group is all anti-2A...

Last edited:

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    District 8 people Klausmier is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Do everything you can to remove her from office. I was in that district for a long time, she has everyone fooled. She is allowed to color outside the lines because she is in a fairly conservative district and the powers that be know if she doesn't throw some bones to the right they will lose that seat.

Don't buy the lies.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Yep, covered elsewhere - starting on post 327 here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366&page=17 , and maybe on other threads as well. Short answer is - the best from the group who has a shot to win the Primary. That group is all anti-2A...

Thanks, that makes complete sense if the other lesser known candidates dont really stand a chance. I just feel kind of hopeless knowing a guy like gansler is our best bet here.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    District 8 people Klausmier is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Do everything you can to remove her from office. I was in that district for a long time, she has everyone fooled. She is allowed to color outside the lines because she is in a fairly conservative district and the powers that be know if she doesn't throw some bones to the right they will lose that seat.

Don't buy the lies.

have any specific votes to show that? I know many are able to hide because of the overwhelming (D) majority. Klausmier must have many fooled, as NRA-PVF has an A+ rating. Here is what else we have found: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=147366

Thanks, that makes complete sense if the other lesser known candidates dont really stand a chance. I just feel kind of hopeless knowing a guy like gansler is our best bet here.

No problem. Agreed. The situation is not so good...

Last edited:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Thanks! Updated.

Good idea on the write-in. If they would show all the write-in votes by name, I would say we should all write-in John Galt! It would be fun to see him get votes in a bunch of districts :)

edit: Imagine the press Galt would get if he won a district by write-in hahaha!

That sounds like a fine idea to me and will make the House election in District 42 more amusing on the DINO side.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I agree Gansler better than Brown in the primary. Then vote R in the real election.

OP is right on target Gansler and Cardin, then vote R.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    32... Both House incumbents must go.

Spencer Dove is worth DINO votes in the primary, and may in time be an OK D to have. Too early to say for sure in the general.

Senate, we need to wait for the general, so do not cast a vote for DeGrange at all.

Agreed. I'm on board with this.:thumbsup:

Excellent thread; this is what we needed.

And I agree on all points, thanks for updating your Original Post (OP), so people can take a quick glance and have great suggestions on how to vote.

The only thing 'wrong' here is about Smieigel. I've met Delegate Mike Smieigel personally on several occasions. I've listened to him stand up and be one of our most ardent 2A supporters, I honestly can't think of another Maryland politician that has done more for our cause. He even represented (pro-bono (free)) an MDShooters member that applied for and was denied a concealed handgun permit. Delegate Mike is in no danger of losing his next election, but this discussion gave me the opportunity to speak to his merits.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Excellent thread; this is what we needed.

And I agree on all points, thanks for updating your Original Post (OP), so people can take a quick glance and have great suggestions on how to vote.

The only thing 'wrong' here is about Smieigel. I've met Delegate Mike Smieigel personally on several occasions. I've listened to him stand up and be one of our most ardent 2A supporters, I honestly can't think of another Maryland politician that has done more for our cause. He even represented (pro-bono (free)) an MDShooters member that applied for and was denied a concealed handgun permit. Delegate Mike is in no danger of losing his next election, but this discussion gave me the opportunity to speak to his merits.

Thanks. I am glad to see people agreeing on votes, which is part of the point in starting this thread.

Side conversation: Smigiel thing was brought up by frogman68, and is really not even a DINO topic. So far it sounds like we are all on the same page with respect to Smigiel, except for frogman68. I am glad to see others sticking up for Smigiel, and chiming in

zich6

Apr 10, 2012
    Germantown
    Here in the People's Republic of Montgomery County, all my local dem reps are running unopposed, so they can go to hell and I'll go the stay the course until November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom