• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Lucky! Just in time for the HoCo gun show :)

I filed on 7/9 and my status just went active on the website, but no card in the mail. No handguns or handgun ammo at the show for me :(

You can also start the paperwork if you have an HQL number depending on the FFL.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    So I filled out HQL form yesterday and sent in live scan prints and today checked status on MSP and looks like I only have 2 things left pending before they are done with my HQL application.

Application\License Feee Completed Oct/01/13
    MVA Photo Incomplete
    LiveScan Completed Oct/02/13
    Training Completed Oct/02/13
    NICS Completed Oct/02/13
    METERS Completed Oct/02/13
    CJIS Completed Oct/02/13
    MAFSS Completed Oct/02/13
    JIS Completed Oct/02/13
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/02/13
    DHMH unchecked

I went and got Live-scanned yesterday, 7/21/2014, filled out the on-line application last night and my HQL is "live" but, can't be used until I get the card in the mail.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Ok, mine went active today. Got a call to verify my age. Trooper said it would be finished today. Checked it a couple of hours after I spoke with the trooper and it was active.

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    I got my card 3 days after it went active. Too bad the FFL wasn't able to accept just my number to complete my paperwork.....now I wait so impatiently!

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    My wife got her card about 4 days after going active. Mine is still sitting at JIS "Incomplete" and in Pending status for a week now...definitely nothing on my record, so not sure what the hold up is.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    I applied on July 11 and it was approved on the website July 14. I got the card a week later.
    I got mine about two weeks after doing the online dance. At first there were issues with the website and internet explorer settings, e mailed the MSP and got a response within 24 hrs that actually provided clear, concise and effective information on how to remedy the issue. They used my MVA photo, which surprised me due to it's age, all other types of firearm related photo ID's want the pic to be no more than 30 days old.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    I should clarify, my Cert date says 7/25 ... but I checked Saturday morning and it was still "Pending", I didn't notice approved until this morning. So, for what it's worth...

Camry21205

Jul 26, 2014
    I filled out the wrong app but what saved me was it wouldn't let me click "Submit Payment" so I called The SP and they told me that I filled out the wrong app, the app I needed was "Training Exempt"!!!

SA223

Feb 7, 2014
    I sent mine off after work on Thursday, and was active by the time I got home on Friday afternoon. On Saturday, I went to my FFL, Target Acquired, and purchased a S&W 686 Plus 6". I can't wait to pick it up. It burns me that after getting fingerprinted, and going through the process of getting a HQL, I still have to wait for paperwork to get processed by MSP before I can get my gun. It makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom