• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    website said:
    2.The boosting of deer population is accomplished by "food plots", public and private (of hunters), to create an overabundance of food for deer, which would maximize their reproductive rate. IF there is an overabundance of deer in the wild, some will enter urban areas and increase the population there. I repeat, this is a situation deliberately created by the hunters for hunting purposes.

Food plots? Are they talking about farming? lol idiots.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    well it is coming from CA...so take it for what its worth...pretty much nothing...these are the same people deciding that an sks with a 30rd mag is an assault weapon....and an sks with a 20rd factory NON-detachable mag is a C&R...

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    So i guess Anthony Marr wouldnt mind it if a deer jumped out in front of his car and injured him or a member of his family.
    He takes photo of a one bad shot anf turns into something.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    not to put it in this perspective...but deer are far from being endangered...weather, disease, overpopulation, and getting struck by vehicles kills a lot...and they still have deer population problems...

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    The article is about a kids hunting program and this moonbat is freaking out over it.

Are the citizens or government Placer County willing and prepared to make this a common sight, and clean-up after these blood-thirsty children? Are Californians and their government willing to bear this black mark on their name?

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    As long as you use enough bow for the job, have at it. But yeah, that shot sucks but the deer seems to be managing?

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    well folks, for what it's worth, some of you might know I come here to this forum from the hunting side of the fence of firearms and I do have an issue with young kids being in the field with a bow and arrow.

I do not feel that archery hunting is for "kids" unless they have acquired, and / or display, some serious amounts of experience, maturity, and discipline, with using archery for hunting. I know a lot kids of who sweat hunting with firearms and a few who shoot archery, but, the kids I know who could be considered die hard hunters are not mature enough, from what I have witnessed on average, to be a confident bow hunter in the field. Adult bow hunters make common mistakes themselves and that is bad enough.

If you have any experience with a "kid" shooting a gun and a "kid" shooting a bow, or even adults for that matter, the disciplines of the weapons are greatly different and I myself am a bow hunter and gun hunter. To me gun hunting is a "point & click" effort. Bow hunting on the other hand, hardly "point & click". I have not met or even know of one "kid" personally, that I would consider "ready" to hunt with archery.

An arrow through the nose? that's not even close to the right area and the direction that arrow came from is way the hell off mark. I think that photo might be real, only due to the mass of infection, I don't think a PETA member would be that smart to add that, the arrow through the nose would have been enough for shock value. But again it happens, I won't deny that. I once took a nice 9 pointer with my bow that never lost a drop of blood of blood until he fell from his injury, the arrow was sticking straight 90 degrees out of his spine, how in the hell that arrow ended up sticking straight out of his back is beyond my guesses, but, it happens and I have been bow hunting for a long long time and I practice all the time, even in the summer...

I put "kid" in quotes only because kids come in different levels of maturity, experience, and discipline, and I don't want to make every kid sound like the next kid.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    The hunt had not even started yet. The pictures came from elsewhere to scare the "readers" of his little website. He is predicting all of the kids arrows will go through deer noses.
    :rolleyes:
    California is about to conduct a state-wide draw for 25 youth-hunters ages 12-17 to each kill one deer in Placer County with bow-and-arrow. The excuse, as usual for other deer-slaughtering states, is deer "over-population"

All in all, I predict that if this hunt goes ahead, there will be arrow-wounded deer by the dozens staggering around in Placer County when the hunt is over.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Maryland has bow-hunting. How come I don't see hundreds of deer running around Washington County with arrows sticking out of their noses? Are the laws of nature/physics so different in California that somehow if they issue 25 bow tags that there will be hundreds of wounded deer stumbling around there?

Edit To add: Oh, did I mention whoever runs that site is a world-class douchebag?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Maryland has bow-hunting. How come I don't see hundreds of deer running around Washington County with arrows sticking out of their noses? Are the laws of nature/physics so different in California that somehow if they issue 25 bow tags that there will be hundreds of wounded deer stumbling around there?

Edit To add: Oh, did I mention whoever runs that site is a world-class douchebag?

well they are california deer...so they could lose IQ points just on that :D...prob just some hippie, tree hugger...that thinks all red meat magically appears in the grocery store....

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Looks photoshopped to me id almost guarantee that picture is fake. I hope the person who wrote the article totals his car by a deer running out in front of him with an arrow in its nose.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Looks photoshopped to me id almost guarantee that picture is fake. I hope the person who wrote the article totals his car by a deer running out in front of him with an arrow in its nose.

The photo is real. The photo has been used as propaganda for several anti-hunting groups over the past 2 years and the original story had nothing to do with California, it was factually based in Colorado. I had to go back and find the article, but, the bases of the California story was using the photo as propaganda against a California youth hunt. Here is the original story:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/18370509/detail.html

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    This is for 25 deer?!?!

There are more than that in the graveyard at the end of my VERY suburban neighborhood! My Irish Wolfhound mix just about ripped my arm off a couple of nights ago when he went after a doe while we were on a walk.

Reminds me of the moose problem they are having now in Northern Michigan. They were seeded back to the area in the late 80's as I recall. Lefties are all raging about moose hunting but when you wack one with your Prius it's pretty much game over.

These idiots believe that people are the problem and that if people just go away everything will be blissful. I say let them go first.

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    I love how the bambiists get all up in arms about a deer that gets shot in the snout, while there are 2 billion human beings that suffer thru every damn day without clean water, sewage or a decent place to live.

Bambiists= a bunch of psychologically damaged people with a shared animal fetish.

If it were not for hunters and their money, there would be no deer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom