• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    If you liked vince Flynn and you like da I'd baldacci too, brad thor is a go to. Big time details on gear used in the books which is nice. They're fun reads. Very mitch rapp-esque. Check them out!
    -Brent

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I usually have an audio book going, because I have about an hour and a half commute. I have Hidden Order a try a while back and gave up on it after about an hour. It was too bro-mancy for me. By bro-mancy, I mean the author had such a crush on his protagonist that I just couldn't take it.

The Jack Reacher series pushes that limit, but Lee Child is a much better writer, imo.

cb51

I've been working my way through all the James Patterson novels with the protagonist Alex Cross. Very good detective who-done-it's. Very down to earth.

Read some of the Jack Reacher, and it was okay. I just thing that Child being a Brit, doesn't get all the nuances of American society and his knowledge of firearms is a bit hit and miss. Like he's read about it, but never shot much.

But my all time favorite growing up was the original Donald Hamilton/Matt Helm series. Totally different than the crappola that Hollywood made of the books that Hamilton sold them the rights to. hamilton would never allow Hollywood to buy another book from him after that.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Have read all of the Vince Flynn and Brad Thor novels, as well as Daniel Silva, who I haven't seen mentioned in any of these threads. His character, Gabriel Allon is an Israeli agent. While I liked all of these writers, I believe Brad Thor had a tendency to over-describe the weapon details. All of the model numbers and attachments get my head spinning. Just say "suppressed HK" for me and I'm good;)

Edit: Just noticed this is in the edged weapons thread?

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Have read all of the Vince Flynn and Brad Thor novels, as well as Daniel Silva, who I haven't seen mentioned in any of these threads. His character, Gabriel Allon is an Israeli agent. While I liked all of these writers, I believe Brad Thor had a tendency to over-describe the weapon details. All of the model numbers and attachments get my head spinning. Just say "suppressed HK" for me and I'm good;)

Edit: Just noticed this is in the edged weapons thread?
    I don't know how this ended up here I meant for it to be in the water cooler. My phone must have done a funny...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I like them. Been getting through Tom Clancy's books lately. Read a few in the past. The Jack Ryan Jr. series is pretty darn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom