• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eschafer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 1, 2011
    Just called today on my form 4 that went pending 09/12/11... APPROVED 02/24/12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party29:

Come on USPS! Always waiting on the goverment.... At least I can see the light at the end of the 5 1/2 month long NFA tunnel! Already have paperwork at MSP for 2 AR sbr builds awaiting CLEO signoff.... seems like once i get done ill be getting right back in line...:sad20:

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I would like to call and check on mine. Its probably coming due since my check got cashed 9/14/2011. I just hate to feel like a pest.
    With my luck, I could just see the whole thing going something like this:

{examiner hangs up phone} "Well Mr. so-and-so, gonna call and make me take time outta my day to deal with your whinny questions huh? Well, right to the bottom of the pile of paperwork you go! And by the time i get down to you again, I'm sure I can find some typo that you're gonna need to address before I allow you to resubmitt. MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!" :)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I would like to call and check on mine. Its probably coming due since my check got cashed 9/14/2011. I just hate to feel like a pest.

{examiner hangs up phone} "Well Mr. so-and-so, gonna call and make me take time outta my day to deal with your whinny questions huh? Well, right to the bottom of the pile of paperwork you go! And by the time i get down to you again, I'm sure I can find some typo that you're gonna need to address before I allow you to resubmitt. MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!" :)

It's not like that at all when you call. They are very helpful and the people answering the phones are not the reviewers.

Also, if your check was cashed 9/14, then you probably went pending 9/25. I had a check cashed 9/15 and I went pending 9/26. We're both close, but still a week or two away.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Also, if your check was cashed 9/14, then you probably went pending 9/25. I had a check cashed 9/15 and I went pending 9/26. We're both close, but still a week or two away.

Don't always expect a fast "check cashed" to "pending" status.

The forms I submitted last month took about 3 weeks to go from "check cashed" to "pending".

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Don't always expect a fast "check cashed" to "pending" status.

The forms I submitted last month took about 3 weeks to go from "check cashed" to "pending".

I know that they tend to run fairly consistant for a particular point in time. Back in September through November it was running 10-12 days from cashed to pending. All 5 of mine in that time frame fall into that range. His check was cashed 1 day before mine, so fairly simple to do the math and guess his pending date. And I'll bet you a beer that I'm correct within one day. :beer:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I know that they tend to run fairly consistant for a particular point in time. Back in September through November it was running 10-12 days from cashed to pending. All 5 of mine in that time frame fall into that range. His check was cashed 1 day before mine, so fairly simple to do the math and guess his pending date. And I'll bet you a beer that I'm correct within one day. :beer:

rsideout does have a pretty good record when it comes to estimating these things. Why he doesnt become a bookie baffles me, lol. :innocent0

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I know the government is supposedly on a hiring freeze, but is there any specific reason they can't allocate some extra individuals over to the NFA branch, like say two dozen more?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I know the government is supposedly on a hiring freeze, but is there any specific reason they can't allocate some extra individuals over to the NFA branch, like say two dozen more?

Because if they did they would be encouraging rsideout to put in even more form 4's and 1's and the system would get backed up again. It would merely be a short term solution. :D

I am waiting on two form 4's and a form 1 myself. :party29:

Dave

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010

Granted I've only called 3 times. I send batches in, so three times I've called and asked about 3 or so serial #'s, but every time I've called pretty sure it was same woman, and she was pretty nice, about as cheery as you could expect someone who answers our calls all day long, asking the same questions. :D

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008

It's a fvcked situation, since the taxes collected more than cover the cost of the work done. There is no reason they can't do it that I am aware of, but that's just the way things are rolling right now... Who knows if I will even see my MG before I PCS.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    It's a fvcked situation, since the taxes collected more than cover the cost of the work done. There is no reason they can't do it that I am aware of, but that's just the way things are rolling right now... Who knows if I will even see my MG before I PCS.

Because hiring more examiners wouldn't drastically change the amount of $200 checks they receive but would greatly increase the staffing budget. Thus a net loss in money.

If you could get your NFA item in a week or something that might drastically changed the amount of forms they get though.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Because hiring more examiners wouldn't drastically change the amount of $200 checks they receive but would greatly increase the staffing budget. Thus a net loss in money.

If you could get your NFA item in a week or something that might drastically changed the amount of forms they get though.

Yes, I would do a lot more NFA transfers if they were quicker.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I put a couple of form 1s in the mail yesterday for AR-15 lowers, so now I'm up to 3 stamps in the process. (I suppose it'll be four when I have to fill out the form 4 paperwork on my Galil SAR in the next couple weeks.)

Honestly, my coping process at this point is to just engrave, pay, and forget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom