• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Hmm. That's a good question. I don't think Ruger shipped consecutive serials and they're not doing letters. Probably no way to tell for certain. I'll have to see what I can dig up.

I would think that the frames would have been made with consecutive serials, even if they weren't built into complete guns or shipped consecutively. It would be too much of a hassle not to. Hopefully you can convince them to send you an email saying if it were made before this date in 1964.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I would think that the frames would have been made with consecutive serials, even if they weren't built into complete guns or shipped consecutively. It would be too much of a hassle not to. Hopefully you can convince them to send you an email saying if it were made before this date in 1964.

I'm going to call them on Monday if they're open...or Tuesday if they're closed due to the holiday. Hopefully it's not December production :rolleyes:

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Oh, what the hell? May as well add me to the list of no HQL Blackhawk owners :)

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=410094805

I asked him on that same gun if he would except a C&R here is the response.

On Apr 17, 2014, at 8:09 PM, "metalman3006" <user2user@gunbroker.com> wrote:
    -- BEGIN MESSAGE FROM USER --
    Will you accept an 03 C&R ffl for this. Thanks, Jim
    -- END MESSAGE FROM USER --

No its only april cutting it too close for comfort for 64-14

Sent from my iPhone

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I asked him on that same gun if he would except a C&R here is the response.

On Apr 17, 2014, at 8:09 PM, "metalman3006" wrote:
    -- BEGIN MESSAGE FROM USER --
    Will you accept an 03 C&R ffl for this. Thanks, Jim
    -- END MESSAGE FROM USER --

No its only april cutting it too close for comfort for 64-14

Sent from my iPhone

Well, worse case scenario, I pay and have him hold it until July or something for transfer if I can't verify a production date this week. Or get an HQL. Not nearly as good a deal with a transfer fee.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Well, worse case scenario, I pay and have him hold it until July or something for transfer if I can't verify a production date this week. Or get an HQL. Not nearly as good a deal with a transfer fee.

Yeah, I don't have an HQL either (and don't plan on getting one). On mine, I was willing to bid all the way up to the BIN price. I figured that as a MD'er I had the advantage of being willing to spend more money to get a C&R one than to get a non C&R one and having to deal with a $50 transfer fee plus the costs associated with getting an HQL.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    You guys need to stop bringing this thread back to life. I'm patiently waiting for it to die down, so I have less MDShooters bidding against me on gunbroker when I find the one I have to have... :)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Born in March and will be here Monday!

Nice! You beat me for having the youngest C&R Blackhawk, haha.

You guys need to stop bringing this thread back to life. I'm patiently waiting for it to die down, so I have less MDShooters bidding against me on gunbroker when I find the one I have to have... :)

No way, I want to keep showing off mine as the best deal.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

That's why "balkhawk" is a fixture of my GB searches. :)

...wait...I mean...isn't. It isn't. HAHAHA why would anyone seach for mispellings, right?!? That's silly!!!

Just ignore all that. HAHAHAHA...jokes!!!

:ohnoes:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So what size holster do I pick for an old model .357 Blackhawk? As I understand it, they are roughly the same size as an SAA, unlike the new model .357 Blackhawks, which are the same size a a .44 Blackhawk. Do I go with a Vacquero sized holster? My main concern is if the sights will fit into a holster meant for an SAA or Vacquero.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    Mailman just brought this. It's a 1963 Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Mag. I've always wanted an SAA type handgun, but then SB281 and October 1st happened. I won it on Gunbroker last Thursday, so it arrived very quickly. It has some holster wear and has been shot some, but no abuse. It does not have that annoying transfer bar safety, so the action is very smooth.

P1010002_zpscb34c2fb.jpg

I can't wait to shoot it.
    Mine is identical, but in .44 Bought it when I was a youngster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom